The Barn at Corban is a Student Life initiative oriented around the curiosity learning outcome. Our motto?
Cultivate your curiosity.
The Barn is a space available to everyone. It is deliberately interdisciplinary, decidedly intergenerational, and intentionally designed to bring together the campus and the Salem community.
- The Design Lab: This main space hosts the bulk of our events, including Pop-Up Classes, Arts Initiative Workshops, and Craft Guilds. During Open Table Hours, students and staff are encouraged to use this space for personal projects.
- The Gallery: Facilitated by our Art Program Specialist, this space hosts monthly art shows, featuring the work of students, staff, and local guests.
- The Milkshed: A gathering place for ideating, brainstorming, exploring, examining, question-asking, thinking and wondering. Milkshed Symposiums are held once a semester and are designed to invoke discussion over big questions and are co-facilitated by Corban faculty, staff, or guest speakers.
- The Woodshop: Located on the second floor, this space is intended for hands-on and learn-or-teach-how woodworking. (Use of this space is only available on Wednesdays during Open Table Hours. Students must be supervised by the Master Shopkeeper.)
Open Table Hours
Stop by the Barn during Open Table hours to cultivate your curiosity:
- Wednesdays-Fridays: 2:00-10:00pm
- Saturdays: 1:00-5:00pm