The Barn at Corban is a Student Life initiative oriented around the curiosity learning outcome. Our motto?
Cultivate your curiosity.
The Barn is a space available to everyone. It is deliberately interdisciplinary, decidedly intergenerational, and intentionally designed to bring together the campus and the Salem community.
- The Design Lab: This main space hosts the bulk of our events, including Pop-Up Classes, Arts Initiative Workshops, and Craft Guilds. During Open Table Hours, students and staff are encouraged to use this space for personal projects.
- The Gallery: Facilitated by our Art Program Specialist, this space hosts monthly art shows, featuring the work of students, staff, and local guests.
- The Milkshed: A gathering place for ideating, brainstorming, exploring, examining, question-asking, thinking and wondering. Milkshed Symposiums are held once a semester and are designed to invoke discussion over big questions and are co-facilitated by Corban faculty, staff, or guest speakers.
- The Woodshop: Located on the second floor, this space is intended for hands-on and learn-or-teach-how woodworking. (Students interested in using this space must complete a supervised safety course offered by our Master Shopkeeper.)
Open Table Hours
Stop by the Barn during Open Table hours to cultivate your curiosity:
- Wednesdays-Fridays: 2:00-10:00pm
- Saturdays: 1:00-5:00pm