A major emergency may occur any time of the day, with little or no warning. Corban's emergency response guidebook was designed to provide a quick reference to students and employees.
Though the guidebook does not cover every conceivable situation, please review it periodically to keep yourself informed and prepared. The guidebook covers the following topics:
- Emergency Contacts & Notifications
- Medical Emergency
- Bomb Threat
- Suspicious Packages
- Major Floods
- Major Earthquake
- Power Failure
- Evacuating Persons With Disabilities
- Active Shooter
Download Emergency Guide
During serious emergencies, all information releases must come from our marketing and communications office.
Press Information Officer/ Media inquiries: 503-375-7591
Here are some important steps you can take to be better prepared for emergencies:
- Become familiar with this website and our resources page.
- Take a few moments now to identify evacuation routes, and potential hazards to avoid.
- Take a first aid/CPR course offered on campus.
- Identify the phone number of a contact person outside of Salem to act as a communication link with your family.
- Consider putting together a personal emergency kit, including:
- Food and water
- Plastic eating utensils,
- Basic first aid supplies
- A flashlight
- A battery powered radio and spare batteries
- Change of clothes
- Enclosed shoes
- Spare eye-glasses, prescription medication
- Plastic garbage bags
- Personal hygiene items.
- Keep a mini survival kit in your car and adequate fuel in your car in case gas stations are damaged.