Corban Alert - Emergency Notification
Some emergency situations may require University officials to notify the entire Corban community of information and/ or instructions in the most expedient manner possible. Emergency notification will be initiated by the Director of Campus Safety, the Director of Campus Care, or the Director of Information Services. The primary means of emergency notification for Corban University consists one or all of the following:
- Blackboard CONNECT messages. Some incidents may be communicated to the Corban community via our mass notification system. Follow all emergency instructions. If you haven’t registered for CONNECT messages please click .
- Reader boards. Updated electronic reader boards are positioned in Schimmel Hall, the dining hall, and in the gym. This information is the same as the Blackboard Connect info.
In addition to the above strategies, the following communication procedures will be initiated as necessary:
- Emergency Alert on University website
- Information released to local media outlets
- Couriers or messengers
- Written information updates and posted safety messages
A major emergency may occur any time of the day, with little or no warning. Corban's emergency response guidebook was designed to provide a quick reference to students and employees.
Though the guidebook does not cover every conceivable situation, please review it periodically to keep yourself informed and prepared. The guidebook covers the following topics:
- Emergency Contacts & Notifications
- Medical Emergency
- Bomb Threat
- Suspicious Packages
- Major Floods
- Major Earthquake
- Power Failure
- Evacuating Persons With Disabilities
- Active Shooter