Clery Act

Corban University is committed to informing the campus community of the obligations concerning crime and safety as required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, otherwise known as the Clery Act. Further information concerning the requirements of this act may be found at Following is a three year report outlining criminal offenses that occurred either on-campus or on public property.

Corban University 2018 Annual Fire and Security Report

Campus Security Authority (CSA)

If you are designated as a Campus Security Authority, and you have become aware any of the following crimes:
Murder/Non-Negligent Manslaughter, Negligent Manslaughter, Rape, Fondling, Incest, Statutory Rape, Robbery, Burglary, Aggravated Assault, Motor Vehicle Theft, Arson, Liquor Law Violations, Drug Abuse Violations and Weapons: Carrying, Possessing, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Stalking. We are also required to report statistics for above-listed offenses were categorized as Hate Crimes. In addition, hate-crimes covers statistics for Larceny-Theft, Simple Assault, Intimidation, or Destruction/Damage/Vandalism of Property that were classified as Hate Crimes. Also needed, the category of bias for each Hate Crime according to the eight categories for which we are required to report: Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Gender, Gender Identity, Disability, Ethnicity, and National Origin.
That have occurred on the campus of Corban University or property controlled by the institution; Within the same reasonably contiguous geographic area, or used to meet or support the institution’s educational purposes. As soon as it is safe to do so, you must print, complete, and deliver to Campus Safety the anonymous crime reporting form below.
Other CSA Resources

The completed form must be turned in within two business days of to the Director of Campus Safety.  For assistance, contact 503-589-8152 or email

Reporting Trips

Community members who are administratively responsible for domestic and international student trips are expected to report student trip information to the Corban University Office of Campus Safety for compliance.

For trips to be reportable, student trips must meet certain requirements. Corban University must have control over the trip or program accommodation and any related academic space used in conjunction with the trip. Control, as defined by the Clery Act, means that there is a written agreement (no matter how informal) directly between the University and the end provider for use of the space. In addition, the controlled space must be used in direct support of, or in relation to, the institution’s educational purposes and frequented by students. Some examples of a written agreement include renting hotel rooms, leasing apartments, leasing space in a student housing facility or academic space on another campus and even an e-mail agreement for use of space free of charge. Hostels are not normally reportable unless the written agreement gives the University control over the space within the accommodation.

More information can be found here

Report a Trip