"Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education.”

Martin Luther King Jr.


Image for post 9 11 gi bill logo

The Post 9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program

The Chapter 33 or Post 9/11 GI Bill is an education benefit for veterans with active military service on or after September 11, 2001.  Chapter 33 allows for the transfer of unused educational benefits to ones spouse or children.  Chapter 33 provides a housing allowance (if you are enrolled at least half-time),  as well as support for tuition, fees, books and supplies.  Answers to questions, regarding eligibility for this program and payment rates, may be found at

Corban University is also proud to announce their participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Students with 100% eligibility under Chapter 33, are eligible for this benefit. At this time, ALL students who are eligible for the program will receive a Yellow Ribbon scholarship. This scholarship is then matched by the VA. In most cases, this means that the full cost of tuition and fees are covered.

Veterans' Education Benefits Checklist

Corban University desires to educate students to make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ. Because of their varied experiences, those with military experience are prime candidates to do just this. The below checklist is provided for those who are interested in a community where one can grow spiritually and academically. It will assist you as you attempt to navigate the educational process.

Apply for Admission

Attend a tour day at Corban and learn about the following:

     a. Majors, Professors and Service Opportunities

     b. Tutoring Sessions, Team Athletics, & Extracurricular Activities

     c. Financial Aid

     d. Housing Availability

Complete the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA)

Apply for Scholarships and Grants

     a. Fast Web Scholarship Search Engine Link:

     b. Fin Aid Scholarship Search Engine Link:

Estimate how much you will actually owe


Apply to use Educational Benefits with the VA


If you are a transfer student who has received benefits: request a "Change of Program or Place of Training" with the VA


Compile all transcripts from previous colleges and any military training that can be evaluated for transfer credit.

     a. (Army, Coast Guard, Navy and Marines)

     b. Community College of the Air Force Transcript Request Forms (CCAR)

     c. Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)

     d. If not eligible for former service branch transcripts: DD 214 and DD 295

Deposit and Register for classes

Complete Corban University "Statement of Student Responsibility"

Complete Corban University Application for Yellow Ribbon and Certification

Create an ebenefits account at:

Submit Copy of COE received from the VA

     a. You will receive a COE from the VA, but you may also find it at this website:  Select the "Enrollment status link and print the page entitled "Education Enrollment Status"     

     b. You must notify the Certifying Official of any changes to schedule as this will affect certification.

Contact Daren Milionis, Director of Student Support, about any support services or disability accomodations needed.

Verify your attendance at the end of each month, if you're receiving the Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty, MGIB - Selected Reserve GI Bill or REAP

     a. Phone (877) 823-2378

     b. Link:

To receive current news and information, Join the Corban Veterans Facebook Page:


For more information about the GI Bill go to the official GI Bill Web Site:

To contact the VA, please use the “Ask a Question” webpage: The VA will respond in writing, within a reasonably short amount of time. You may also call 1-888-442-4551 (1 888 GI BILL 1) from 7AM - 7PM Central Time.

Corban University complies with the Presidential Executive order: Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members (April 2012).

Veterans and others eligible for educational benefits from the DVA are subject to the standard of satisfactory progress as required by DVA rules and regulations. This policy is outlined in our college catalog for both undergraduate and graduate students