Student Tax Information

1098-T Form, Tuition Statement

The Tax Relief Act of 1997 requires eligible educational institutions to provide a statement to the IRS and to students who enrolled in credit courses and have a reportable transaction during each calendar year. Corban University provides this information to the IRS electronically and to students on a 1098-T form.

The 1098-T provides the amounts billed to you for qualified tuition and fees. The form also reports the amount of grants and scholarships the student receives during the same period. We do not report the amount paid. Student must use their own records about tuition and fees they paid.

This information is being provided as required by the IRS and does not represent tax advice from Corban University. The taxpayer should refer to relevant IRS forms and publications or to their tax advisor and should not contact the University for explanations relating to eligibility requirements or calculations of
any allowable education tax credit.

Corban University does not furnish 1098-T forms if:

  • Scholarships and grants equal or exceed qualified charges billed
  • Student is a nonresident alien (unless requested by the student)
  • Student’s qualified charges billed are waived or paid through third party billing arrangements.

Mailing Date: 1098-T’s will be mailed by January 31.

Mailing Address: The 1098-T form will be mailed to your most recent home of record mailing address (that is the address you designate as a permanent address). The addressee is responsible to get the form to the person completing their tax return.

The 1098-T will also be available mid-January on SIS.  To access your student account:

  • Go to our Student Information System (SIS) at
  • Enter your student ID (use your social security number if you have not yet been issued a student ID or have not accessed your account yet. You will be prompted to change from the SSN to your personal pin.)

About the 1098-T

Keep in mind Corban sends all students a 1098-T tax form statement but is not in a position to give tax advice. Please speak to your accountant or tax attorney if needed.