Job Title: Youth Pastor
Employer: Christ the Rock Community Church
Contact Information: Dave Kennedy at 360-674-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 4100 SW Old Clifton Rd, Port Orchard, WA, 98367
Web Site: www.crcc.com
Education or Degree Required: Bachelor's
Job Location: Port Orchard, WA
Salary/Wages: $35,000- 50,000 DOE plus benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed: Resume
Christ the Rock Community Church is a church of approximately 600 people. We are searching for a youth pastor to reach the junior and senior high students of our church and community with the love of Jesus Christ by providing dynamic vision, energetic leadership, Biblical teaching, and creativity.
- Care for the growth, feeding, and spiritual well-being of the junior and senior high school students.
- Oversee all junior high and high school student ministries in order to foster deep spiritual growth, vibrancy, and outreach.
- Continually evaluate activities, always working to infuse creativity, relevance, and energy.
- Recruit, train, and develop an effective volunteer staff.
- Develop volunteer youth leaders who can use their various gifts and abilities within their time constraints to help reach and mature the youth group.
- Plan and coordinate weekly programs (including teaching) and regular special events to assist in accomplishing our stated ministry vision and goals.
- Organize and oversee big events such as camps, mission trips, outreach, etc.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
- Participate in the regular functions and broader services of the church as needed.
- Help to connect teenagers to broader life and ministries of the church (ex. Choir, Ushers, , Men’s ministry, etc.)
- Oversee the youth ministry budget.
- Attend staff meetings throughout the week.
- Meet the qualifications outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Exhibit a personal, active and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background
- Self-motivated, responsible, visionary, and inspiring.
- Able to balance administrative tasks of organizing a creative ministry while maintaining a shepherd’s heart for students, staff and families.
- Ability to connect with students/families from diverse backgrounds, personalities and interests with compassion and empathy.
- Team player.
- Work well with CRCC ministry staff, elders, etc. as well as with volunteer youth staff to create positive and growing atmosphere.
- Agree with the church's doctrinal statement
- Possess the ability to organize, analyze, prioritize, and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Capacity to lead large and active ministries.
- Utilize excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to maximize technology to communicate with students and parents.
- Prefer 3 or more years in full-time youth ministry (or equivalent); proven capabilities in all pertinent capacities of youth ministry (leadership, budget, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in Bible preferred