Job Title: Youth Pastor
Employer: Emmanuel Baptist Church
Contact Information: Mr. Kelley McCormick at 760-539-2740 or email@example.com
Address: 282 W. 6th St, Coquille OR, 97423
Web Site: www.ebccoquille.org
Education or Degree Required: Bachelor's (preferred but not required)
Job Location: Coquille, OR
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Cover Letter
Emmanuel Baptist Church in Coquille, Oregon is looking for a youth pastor who meets most of the following Qualifications, Position Requirements, Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations:
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and publicly.
- Competence and familiarity in providing theological guidance. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
- One who can create and executing a long-term vision for EBC’s youth ministry.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who agrees with EBC’s Statement of Faith.
- At present, the following ministries are involved: children, teenagers, and young adults. Ministries shall be age-defined and involve various purposes within each age-group, i.e. outreach, worship, fellowship, discipleship and ministry. Primary emphasis will be on 7th to 12th graders (ages 12-18).
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities to serve in youth ministry, in cooperation with the Nominating Committee.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support EBC parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, together with the Senior Pastor.
- Assist with youth leadership in providing opportunities for members of the youth ministry team to be directly involved in missions and ministry – both locally and outside the community.
- Coordinate the training and mentoring of members of the youth ministry team sensing a call to ministry vocation.
- Share the gospel with lost youth/students and lost parents on an ongoing basis, both individually and publicly.
- Create and implement an overall youth evangelism strategy for the church.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Network with other evangelical youth leaders in the community to support youth in starting and strengthening school campus ministries.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of any scheduled event to ensure the necessary support staff and items are in place.
- Grow EBC’s youth ministry in meaningful ways.
- Weekly one hour (minimum) one-on-one mentoring by the Senior Pastor so he may provide encouragement, direction, support, and challenge you in ministry efforts and toward Christlikeness.
- Attend worship services, prayer service, and special meetings.
- Present quarterly ministry updates and goals to the Senior Pastor.
- Participate in a yearly ministry performance review.
- Present an annual youth budget proposal.
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
- Preach and teach on occasion in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
- Preferably can lead worship with guitar.
- Reports to: Senior Pastor
*Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org*