Tutors (REACH Opportunity)
Job Title: Tutors (REACH Opportunity)
Employer: Community Services Consortium (CSC)
Contact Information: Morea Lloyd at 541-704-7819 or email@example.com
Address: 750 S 5th St. Room #10, Independence OR, 97351
Web Site: http://csc.gen.or.us/
Job Location: Independence, OR
Job Type: Volunteer
Application Materials Needed:
- Interview with Staff
- Background Check (Provided by CSC)
- Community Services Consortium (CSC) in Independence serves youth ages 16-24 in Polk County, helping them to reengage in their education and enter the workforce with employable skills.
- We work with our participants to obtain their GED or complete their high school diploma and are in need of tutors, especially in the area of math.
- Tutors will work mainly one-on-one or in small groups with students to help improve their math, reading/writing, social studies, and/or science skills.
- This would be a great REACH credit opportunity :)
- Attend at least one GED class a week
- Work one-on-one or in small groups with assigned students.
- Work with assigned students to develop a study plan.
- Check in with CSC staff about student progress, concerns, and successes.
Math skills or comfortable with math would be great (most people taking math at the college level would be qualified, you don't have to be a math major)! Many of our participants struggle the most with math.
*If you are only comfortable tutoring in one area, please still contact us. It is not a requirement that you would tutor in all subjects.
*Please reach out to Morea Lloyd with any inquiries or interest about the position. Multiple positions available.