Job Title: Treatment Therapist
Employer: Project Patch
Contact Information: Wynter Nichols at 360-690-8495 or wnichols@ProjectPatch.org
Address: 5139 NE 94th Street STE C, Vancouver, WA 98661
Web Site: www.ProjectPatch.org
Education or Degree Required: Degree in behavioral science such as social work, sociology, psychology, criminal justice or counseling,
Job Location: Garden Valley, ID
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
Specified Other Application Material: http://www.projectpatch.org/about-us-2/employment-opportunities/
- Are you looking for the next step in your life's mission?
- We may be just the place for you.
- Project Patch is seeking a Treatment Threrapist to work with Adolescents at our Garden Valley, Idaho Youth Program.
- Project Patch is a non-profit Christian-based residential treatment center for at-risk adolescents aged 12-17.
- Clients who attend our program are good kids who are starting to make unhealthy decisions.
- The Treatment Therapist will work closely with the client, their family, other staff and medical professionals to achieve the individual client’s goals.
- Our facility is located in the beautiful mountains of Garden Valley, Idaho just one hour from Boise.
- The campus is centered in an outdoor lover’s paradise with abundant wildlife and activities to enjoy.
- Very affordable housing is available on site.
- Full health benefits offered with only a $15 employee monthly share. paid time off and sick time also offered.
- Eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
Our successful candidate will:
- Encourage spiritual growth in clients by providing an example through living a life consistent with Christian principles.
- Assisting and/or conducting worships for clients as needed.
- Mentoring clients on spiritual issues through prayer, personal example, and discussion.
- Conduct individual crisis counseling.
- Conduct groups.
- Teach DBT.
- Conduct individual therapy.
- Conduct family therapy.
- Field phone inquiries from parents/guardians.
- Provide weekly communication with parents through email or phone calls.
- Supervise family visits.
- Maintain communication log.
- Work with shift supervisors to assure satisfactory completion of required ranch documentation.
- Act as a case manager in the administration of medications
- Provide feedback on client’s progress
- Communicate with medical professionals
- Communicate with guardians
- Participate in advisory committee meetings as requested.
- Participate in daily activities with staff and clients, including but not limited to, recreation, worships, work projects, etc.
- Assist supervision staff with group closure.
- Attend dorm staff meetings
- Conduct staff training as requested
- Work 40 hours weekly, to coincide with current supervision shifts, hours to be determined.
- On call after hours and Saturdays for crisis intervention.
- Attend general and departmental staff meetings.
- Ensure adherence to the Level Program.
- Maintain open and appropriate lines of communication with other departments and co-workers.
- Promote and abide by Patch policies, procedures, and standards.
- Provide for the care, welfare, safety, and security of the clients in our care.
- Other duties as assigned
- We are looking for a professional who holds a degree in behavioral science such as social work, sociology, psychology, criminal justice or counseling