Teachers for Middle & High School - Certification Not Provided
Job Title: Teachers for Middle & High School - Certification Not Provided
Employer: Teach Kentucky
Contact Information: Timothy Kendrick at 502-458-0830 or email@example.com
Address: 907 Barret Ave., Louisville, KY 40204
Web Site: http://www.teachkentucky.com/
Education or Degree Required: Bachelors Degree
Job Location: Louisville, KY
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
- Teach Kentucky (www.teachkentucky.com) is seeking college graduates in most majors to teach full time in priority public middle and high schools of the Greater Louisville, KY area while pursuing an Alternative Route Teacher Certification via a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree.
- You will be the teacher of record in a classroom earning a full time teacher’s salary while you earn your certification.
- While education majors and certified teachers are certainly welcome to apply, our primary interest is in those who are not certified nor in a certification track, but who have a desire to teach or at least explore teaching as a possible career.
- Teach Kentucky focuses on providing a supportive environment and sense of community where teachers are encouraged to use creativity and innovative teaching techniques to enrich the lives of students, the face of education, and their own lives.
- “Teach Kentucky emphasizes individual teacher support, which is critical during the first year of teaching, as well as a sense of camaraderie with fellow teachers, and connection to the Louisville community.” - Paul Barnwell, 14-year teacher
- Apply online at: http://www.teachkentucky.com/apply/ or contact Rowan Claypool firstname.lastname@example.org
- INTENSE PREPARATION AND SUPPORT
- Six-week Summer Institute focusing on content specific lesson planning, behavior management, classroom organization techniques, and career development training.
- One-on-one support inside and outside the classroom with a Retired Master Teacher Advocate.
- One-on-one content lesson plan coaching with a veteran Teach Kentucky teacher.
- Practice teaching sessions.
- Classroom observations.
- Enrollment in an alternative route to certification Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Social events and community connections.
- DEVELOPING LEADERS
- Our 160+ teachers have an outstanding track record of going above and beyond their classroom responsibilities to make a difference.
- Three have gone on to become the youngest Assistant Principals in their districts.
- One of our teachers has recently become one of the youngest Principals in their district.
- In addition to this, we have a state Teacher of the Year recipient, several who have gained National Board Certification and others who published in national education journals.
- Over 70% of our teachers gain leadership roles in their schools after the first year.
- WHAT DIFFERENCE CAN YOU MAKE?
- Through Teach Kentucky, you have the opportunity not only to educate, but also to inspire positive change in the lives of your students, making a significant difference in the school where you teach.
- As a teacher, you will be challenged every day to push your students towards their potential.
- Your impact doesn't stop in the classroom, however.
- Teach Kentucky helps foster relationships with other members of the community so that you are truly able to make a difference in the city as well as benefit from those broader relationships.
- THE PERKS:
- Full-time teacher employed by the school district with the same starting salary and benefits as all other beginning teachers. (Salary varies by district but most are in the $42,500+ range).
- Up to $2000 relocation incentive.
- Reimbursement of Praxis Subject Assessment Exams (SAEs) in core content area(s).
- Free month of transitional housing.
- Extensive mentor support team during your first year.
- Annual pay increases.
- Pay increase of $4,000 upon completion of MAT.
- Waiver for out-of-state MAT tuition, a savings of over $6,000.
- Various district specific scholarships available for high critical need content teachers. Critical needs vary from year to year.
- STEM merit scholarship competitively awarded for up to 80% of MAT tuition cost.
- Multiple other scholarships and grants available depending on a variety of factors which may cover up to 80% of MAT tuition cost.
- Apply online at: http://www.teachkentucky.com/apply/
- A GREAT CITY IN WHICH TO LIVE
- Voted “Most Compassionate City," as well as "Most Livable City," Louisville is more than home to the Kentucky Derby. Here are a few of the recognitions Louisville has received recently:
- One of the "Best Entrepreneurial Cities" by entrepreneur.com.
- America’s “Breakout Cities for 2014” by CNNMoney.
- A Top 20 "City With Economic Momentum" by NewGeography.com.
- Eighth on the list of “Best Towns in America” by Outside Magazine.
- Eighth "Most Affordable City in the U.S." by Forbes.
- Top 10 "Bike-Friendly City" by USA Today
- One of the "Top 10 Cities for Being a Homeowner" by NerdWallet.com.
- One of the top "Creative Cities for 20-Somethings" by PolicyMic.com
- Also go to http://money.cnn.com/calculator/pf/cost-of-living/ to compare the cost of living in Louisville to any other major city.
- You will find that Louisville is a very affordable place to live
- According to the National Center for Policy Analysis, the median pay (adjusted for cost of living) for teachers in Louisville, Kentucky is the ninth highest in the nation! http://www.ncpa.org/pdfs/2014_Teacher_Pay_Report-NCPA_MacIver.pdf
- For answers to questions, don’t hesitate to call or email: Rowan Claypool, Founder and President, 502-599-5061, email@example.com
- Bachelors degree by June
- 2.75+ GPA
- Minimum 2.75cumulative undergraduate GPA at time of graduation. 3.0 GPA preferred.
- The minimum GPA is mandated by our partner universities for the MAT.
- A desire to become an exceptional teacher