Job Title: Teacher Assistant
Employer: Orbus School
Contact Information: Jodi Eich at 503-371-4567 or email@example.com
Address: 2608 Cascadia Industrial St SE, Salem, OR 97302
Job Location: Salem, OR
Salary/Wages: Dependent upon experience
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Looking for an Instructional Assistant for a private K-12 Christian school.
- The Instructional Assistant understands and promotes the house's and school's mission, vision, and policies.
- The IA is responsible for providing biblically integrated principles and Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
- The IA shall prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible Christians and citizens who are transforming influence in their world.
- The IA will assist teacher/s during class time by redirecting children to work and aiding children who need help.
- The IA will assist in the cleaning, preparation, and maintenance of the classroom.
- The IA provides direct instruction and/or remedial help as directed by the teacher.
- The IA helps children to work cooperatively in an atmosphere of respect using TBRI strategies.
- The IA helps the teacher make learning materials and plan activities.
- The IA will help substitute for a teacher in cases of illness or absence..
- The IA assists in the development of and participates in school functions, including but not limited to Orbus Outlooks, monthly PTAs, and Music Recitals.
- The IA will assist in some administrative duties as assigned by the teacher.
- The IA will maintain an inventory of everyday classroom materials and purchase more when needed.
- The IA will perform other duties as assigned by the teacher and administrator.
- The IA works with children in an atmosphere of respect using TBRI strategies.
- The IA supervises and works with boarding house students during regular school hours (8:30-2:00) on days when there is no school, carefully following the schedule.
- The IA will occasionally be called upon to work at the house supervising students during his/her afterschool prep time (2:00-5:00).
- Demonstrate the ability to accept and carry out responsibilities and make competent, professional decisions.
- Have a HS Diploma
- Respectfully submit to and be loyal to school authorities.
- Shall notify the administration of any policy he/she is unable to support.