Summer Camp Counselor
Job Title: Summer Camp Counselor
Employer: Camp Courageous
Contact Name: Jeanne Muellerleile at 319-465-5916 ext. 2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 12007 190 ST, Monticello, IA 52310
Web Site: www.campcourageous.org
Job Location: Monticello, IA
Salary/Wages: $475 per week
Job Type: Summer
Application Materials Needed: Job Application
Specified Other Application Material: Apply online at: http://www.campcourageous.org/?page_id=837
- Camp Courageous is a year-round recreational and respite care facility for individuals with disabilities.
- Campers with intellectual and physical disabilities, brain injuries, hearing or visual impairments, autism and other special needs are served.
- Working with children and adults with special needs is often a very real challenge.
- Campers may need help with personal care including feeding, dressing, and bathroom needs.
- Some campers exhibit behavioral challenges.
- Patience, energy, good judgment and enthusiasm are important qualifications for a position at Camp Courageous.
- The hours are long.
- An unselfish attitude and an emphasis on teamwork are needed.
- Staff are expected to put the campers’ needs before their own.
- If you possess the necessary attributes, I invite you to apply for a position at Camp Courageous.
- Volunteer positions, internships, and paid positions are available.
- Volunteers and Interns can receive an optional stipend of $50.00/week plus room and board.
- Paid counselors and activity specialists receive the best employment package around.
- Seasonal staff earn $475/week while year-round staff earn $625-675/week.
- Room and board are provided which include air-conditioned staff dormitories affording the staff separate living quarters from the campers.
- Staff share cabin duty on a rotating basis. Other benefits include a health insurance plan and one week of paid vacation for year-round staff.
- Camp provides a bonus for returning seasonal summer staff and a monetary incentive for recruiting additional summer staff.
- Candidates for year-round positions must have experience with individuals with disabilities.
- Seasonal positions are for one or more season.
- SUMMER: May 20 to August 17, 2018
- Respite Care Weekends: Counselors - $200/weekend.
- For more information contact: Jeanne Muellerleile
- Non-smokers please.