Summer Camp Counselor
Job Title: Summer Camp Counselor
Employer: Upward Bound Camp
Contact Information: Diane Turnbull at 541-897-2447 or Diane.Turnbull@upwardboundcamp.org
Address: P.O. Box 457, Gates, OR 97346
Web Site: www.upwardboundcamp.org
Job Location: Gates, OR
Salary/Wages: Based on Position and Experience
Job Type: Summer
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
- Upward Bound Camp provides Christian based educational and recreational services to youth and adults with special needs.
- We are currently hiring camp counselors for 2018 Summer Sessions at our site on the North Fork of the Santiam River.
- Sessions run from early June to late August, commitment to the full summer season preferred.
- Counselors provide camper support in all recreational activities including hiking, swimming, fishing, arts and crafts, drama and music as well as personal care support for some campers.
- Camper Support:
- Camp Activities--planning, implementing and teaching/supporting campers to participate in all camp activities.
- Personal Care--providing campers with personal care, based on camper needs.
- Site Support:
- Maintaining a clean and organized camp environment, including bunk houses, activity areas and grounds.
- Spiritual Support:
- Providing assigned campers with daily devotionals and prayer.
- Team Support:
- Interacting with members of the Upward Bound staff and counseling team in a respectful and supportive manner.
- Working through challenges with a prayerful commitment to the best possible outcomes.
- Refraining from gossip and maintaining a spirit of identifying and solving problems appropriately as they arise.
- Health and Safety:
- Ensuring the safety of all campers at all times.
- Must be 18 years of age to meet American Camping Association Accreditation and Department of Human Services regulations.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Encouraging to campers and patient when instructing.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and mentor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in a team-player role.
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner.
- Strict adherence to camp philosophy, standards, and goals.