Student Ministry Summer Internship
Job Title: Student Ministry Summer Internship
Employer: Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church
Contact Information: Lysa Nicholson at 925-935-1574 or email@example.com
Address: 1801 Lacassie Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Web Site: www.wcpres.org
Job Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Job Type: Internship
Application Materials Needed:
Specified Other Application Material: Student Ministry Employment Questionnaire
- Are you looking for hands-on ministry experience?
- Do you want to be on the front-line, sharing Jesus in a post-Christian culture that can be unwelcoming to Christianity?
- The impact of your actions this summer can echo into eternity.
- Consider joining us for a summer internship!
- Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church is located in the affluent suburban city of Walnut Creek, California, just 25 minutes from San Francisco, 15 minutes from Oakland, and 10 minutes from Berkeley.
- This unique geographic placement provides some truly exciting ministry opportunities in a very hurt and broken world.
- Our church has a strong history of supporting a vibrant youth ministry, and we’d love to partner with ministry-focused summer interns for mutually beneficial kingdom work.
- The purpose of this position is to develop emerging Christian leaders for Kingdom impact in Walnut Creek today while preparing them for ministry leadership in the future.
- Interns complete a 10-week position during the summer season with Middle School and High School Ministry departments.
- Interns experience a variety of roles that include teaching, leading student ministry programs and trips, administration, preparing for events, relational work with students, and program planning.
- Specific leadership opportunities include Sunday Morning classes, Mid-Week BBQs/Activities, Day Camp, Boot Camp, Santa Cruz Retreat, Ski Trip/Mystery Trip, and Summer Camp at Ponderosa Lodge at Mount Hermon.
- You will be working on a team with the Associate Pastor of Student Ministry staff member, our year-round intern, and our administrative assistant.
- You will also have opportunities to rub shoulders with our extended staff and to have mentoring opportunities.
- Please download questionnaire from church website: www.wcpres.org/jobs/
- Then email resume & questionnaire to Lysa Nicholson: LNicholson@wcpres.org
- Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
Summer Internship with Middle School or High School Ministries
- We are looking for three summer interns.
- Every intern will have opportunity to cross-train in various aspects of ministry, but each will specialize in one area: junior high, high school, or college.
- Junior high is split between two ministries: 5&6 grades and 7&8 grades; high school is grades 9-12, and college is roughly defined as “pre-career” and is for (approximately) 18-25 year olds.
- This is an excellent opportunity to serve Jesus, impact students, and develop your gifts in student ministry.
- The internship is 10 Weeks long, beginning with lunch on Monday June 4 and ending with lunch on Monday August 13, 2018.
- (Dates are somewhat flexible) Compensation is a $250 per week stipend, and also includes housing (if needed), many meals, all ministry expenses paid, and potential for Internship or Field-Ed Credit with your university or seminary.
- Other benefits or insurance are not included.
- Help plan, organize, and execute weekly student ministry programs, events, classes, and trips.
- Occasionally teach during a Sunday or midweek program.
- Regular student contact time (one-on-one, small group, recreational, phone, email).
- Participation in weekly staff meetings.
- Learning through study, hands-on experience, and reflecting with your team.
- Attend weekly worship service.
- Other duties assigned by the Associate Pastor.
- Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ.
- At least 1 year of college completed or age equivalent.
- A servant leader’s heart.
- Previous Student Ministry volunteer or student leadership experience.
- Teachable spirit and a desire to learn.
- A passion for relationships with high school or middle school students.
- Interest in pursuing Christian leadership as a professional career is a bonus.
- Having your own car is not mandatory but is extremely useful.