Service Team Coordinator in Training
Job Title: Service Team Coordinator in Training
Employer: Partnerships in Community Living, Inc
Contact Information: Brittany Law at 503-838-2403 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 480 Main St E, Monmouth, OR 97361
Web Site: pclpartnership.org/careers
Education or Degree Required: High School Diploma
Job Location: Marion/Polk Counties
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed: Job Application - pclpartnership.org/careers
PCL's Residential Team is currently recruiting for a Service Team Coordinator in Training (STCT) in Marion and Polk Counties. Full-time, hourly, non-exempt $13.00-$16.00/hr, DOE. Includes being a part of an on-call rotation, some evenings and weekends are required. High school diploma/GED required, Bachelor's degree preferred. Three years of experience in the field of I/DD and previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred. The STCT is responsible for learning all the associated responsibilities for leading teams of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) who provide services in the homes of people who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities
(I/DD) and sometimes co-occurring mental illness. This position requires an individual with strong, or developing, leadership/management skills: and, ideally, a human services background. A successful STCT will be able to demonstrate how to ensure quality service delivery as well as compliance with State regulations and all agency policies. Additionally, a STCT will be able to learn/demonstrate the ability to lead through team development, open communication and also promote and challenge learning indicatives for those supervised and the people we support. This includes promoting a positive team attitude and be able to effectively respond to unexpected changes or demands.
As this STCT is an in-training position, it is expected that, upon completion of training and an open STC caseload occurs, that the person in this position will fill the open caseload and will transition to a new position of STC Apprentice (salaried exempt, up to $3,300/monthly DOE).
- Effectively supervise assigned personnel, ensuring optimal performance and dedication to purpose
- Provide leadership to assigned personnel through effective delegation, communication, and respect
- Take pride in meeting deadlines, producing quality work and implementing PCL’s mission and values
- Willing to recognize and promote an environment of high expectation and a supportive approach to conflict resolution
- Promote and challenge learning initiatives for those supervised and those we support
- Dedication to education and growth.
- Willing to modify, adapt and innovate
- Willing to accept the role of “mentor and example” to other emerging professionals
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to multitask and define priority with scheduled duties
- Extraordinary interpersonal communication skills and ability empathize with people experiencing challenges
- Developed ability to remain organized, attentive to detail, and understanding of professionally ethics
- Sound understanding of mental health diagnosis, support modalities, and co-occurring disorders
- Effectively able to utilize computer and assistive technologies as required by the position standard
- Understand and implement principles of the Oregon Intervention System (including use of Protective Physical Intervention)
Three years of experience in the field I/DD and previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred.
Must be at least 18 years old with High School Diploma or GED Possess a valid ODL with an acceptable driving record (min of 6 months driving experience) Click here for driver eligibility guide Be able to regularly lift a minimum of 25lbs (some positions require more) Pass a State/Federal criminal history check (fingerprints may be required) Click here for link to current Potential Disqualifying Crimes and Conditions Willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screening for illegal substances in Oregon Pass a pre-employment computer skills assessment Attend a two week orientation located in Monmouth Provide names and contact information (name, phone number, and email) of 3-6 references.