Job Title: Senior Pastor
Employer: Immanuel Bible Church
Contact Information: Bryan Krumdiack at 360-733-0672 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 2000 W North St, Bellingham, WA 98225
Web Site: ibcbellingham.org
Job Location: Bellingham, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Completed Application package which will be sent upon inquiry
The senior pastor of Immanuel Bible Church has the primary responsibilities of preaching, teaching sound Bible doctrine, shepherding, leading and encouraging, and ensuring that God's purposes for the church are understood and realized.
In conjunction with the Elder Board, the senior pastor provides the general leadership to all ministries of the church. The Elder Board led by the senior pastor formulates vision, strategy, and goals for the church based on God's leading to implement the church's vision. The Board and Pastor review goals, strategy and programs and makes changes to meet the churches mission and vision.
The Senior Pastor has primary management and oversight duties over the staff.
- The Senior Pastor must meet the biblical qualifications of an Elder (Timothy and Titus).
- He must be currently licensed or ordained.
- He shall be sound in doctrine and in his presentation of the Word of God.
- He shall meet the qualifications of the Immanuel Bible Church constitution.
- He shall be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of the church.
- He shall further be a worthy example, void of offense in his life and teaching. (I Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; Acts 20:28; I Peter 5:1-4).
- He will possess leadership and pastoral shepherding skills, and be an active participant in the life of the church. He will demonstrate an ability to work harmoniously and effectively with a church board, display a Christian attitude and a warm relational style.
- It is expected that the Pastor of Immanuel Bible Church will have a Seminary degree from a biblically sound seminary whose doctrinal positions agree with those of Immanuel Bible Church.
- The Senior Pastor will be experienced in church leadership and ministry with senior pastor experience preferred. It is preferred that he has approximately ten (10) years of experience