Job Title: Senior Pastor
Employer: Trinity Baptist Church
Contact Information: Bill Jordan at 509-520-8069 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 775 Village Way, Walla Walla WA, 99362
Web Site: http://trinitywallawalla.org/
Education or Degree Required: Post-graduate education
Job Location: Walla Walla, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
- Other - specifice on the website
The Senior Pastor at Trinity Baptist Church in Walla Walla provides leadership for the ministries conducted under the responsibilities assigned to Elders, Deacons and other Ministry leaders. His qualifications include those found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. The position is one of a leader among equals and functions by consensus to achieve the goals and vision of Trinity Baptist Church. “Moved by passion for God and compassion for people, we seek to meet people where they are and help them take the next step in becoming wholehearted followers of Jesus Christ.”
- Preaching Ministry: He will provide biblically sourced preaching and teaching to accomplish the purpose listed above. Feeding God’s people through personal relationships, teaching and small group interactions is critical to the effective functioning of this position.
- Leadership: As the Lead Elder, the Senior Pastor’s role is to serve on the Board as an equal contributor of ideas, providing scriptural insights and recommendations to the Board for action. He will develop leaders for the Board and provide encouragement for leaders to mentor and develop other leaders.
- Worship Service: The Senior Pastor will participate in the direction and content of the Sunday Worship Service.
- Staff: He will work with the Elders, Deacons, Deaconesses and Trinity office staff to provide an effective and encouraging work environment.
- Administration: He will review financial expenditures and maintain good stewardship of Trinity’s resources.
- Demonstrated leadership resulting in significant spiritual maturity and healthy church growth.
- Demonstrated care for the community.
- Some Spanish language skills or experience with Hispanic culture.
- Demonstrated strong desire to grow people through classes, seminars and workshop offerings.
- Has shown good stewardship of resources in previous positions.