Sales Representative (Apparel/Fashion Industry)
Job Title: Sales Representative (Apparel/Fashion Industry)
Contact Information: Jenna Rutherdale at 503-595-2390 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 111 SW 5th Ave. Suite 2000, Portland, OR 97204
Web Site: https://www.campuspoint.com/Jobs/21280
Education or Degree Required: Bachelor's
Job Location: Portland, OR
Salary/Wages: $36-$37K/yr + Commissions
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed: Job Application
- Looking for an opportunity to work in a creative team environment and to generate sales over the entire US and Internationally?
- Are you a dedicated and competitive individual looking for a healthy small business that will appreciate your opinions?
- Are you tired of getting lost in the corporate shuffle and ready to see your hard work directly impact the bottom line?
- Our client has built a strong reputation as a leading stretch fabric wholesaler and we're looking to expand our team!
- We are seeking a strong, energetic sales person to join our team.
- With national headquarters located in NE Portland and a regional office in the San Diego area, our new sales representative will help to develop new accounts and occasionally travel the US (some international) to visit with our customers and prospects on their home turf.
What We Offer:
- Health Insurance/ Vision provided
- Optional 401(k) program
- Year End Profit sharing bonus program
- Base salary plus commission with NO COMMISSION CAP. $45k expected earnings in first year and $55+ in year 2, depending on sales drive.
- A fun and creative work environment!
- We are looking for a forward-thinking individual that would like to grow with a small progressive company.
- If you fit this description, apply today!
- Qualify new potential accounts and develop them into consistent buying customers.
- Provide courteous and prompt customer service to all contacts.
- Communicate regularly with customers and vendors regarding pending production, samples, submits, etc.
- Process orders and follow-up with production to meet deadlines.
- Manage production submits, standards and spec sheets when applicable.
- Present fabrics to top-level decision makers and identify new product opportunities.
- Attend trade shows and help with preparation as needed.
- Ability to regularly travel for business up to 10% of the time.
- Must be able to carry up to 50lbs of samples.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and other basic business software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ambitious and results driven.
- Team playing attitude and strong work ethic.
- College degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Textiles or related field. Additional 3 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Prior sales or apparel experience is highly preferred.
- A passion for sports, fashion or design is a plus!