Job Title: Room Attendant
Employer: Residence Inn By Marriott
Contact Information: Management at 503-585-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 640 Hawthorne Ave SE, Salem, OR 97301
Job Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
- As a Room Attendant, you will fill a vital role in ensuring guest satisfaction through cleanliness and guest room hotel services for each guest.
- You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by providing a spotlessly clean hotel guest room, facilities and outlets and providing incredibly friendly guest service to every guest.
- Please apply in person at the Residence Inn Property located at: 640 Hawthorne Ave SE, Salem Oregon 97301
- Cleans and services assigned guest rooms in a timely and organized manner according to procedures and standards.
- Notifies guest services (front desk) when service is complete so rooms may be sold.
- Reports any room unable to be serviced within appropriate time standards to supervisor.
- Reports needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Responds to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains linen cart and supplies neat and organized to department standards.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Reports lost and found articles to supervisor.
- Follows procedures for team cleaning and self-inspecting program.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner.
- Reports appropriate complaints or requests to appropriate department.
- Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Skills and Qualities:
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail
- Considerate of guests and staff
- Flexible worker
- Appreciation of clean facilities
- Logic and reason
- Friendly and accommodating towards guests
- Will be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
- Will be required to work with common household chemicals.
- May be asked to work overtime.
- This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions.
- Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to smell..
- Since cleaning is the major responsibility of this position, Room Attendants spend a significant portion of their workday involved in the following: unlocking, opening, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending and stretching.
- The vast majority of the time is spent moving about the property in order to clean guestrooms, and this is usually accomplished by walking.
- Communication skills are necessary some of the time in order to interact with hotel guests or staff.
- In addition to operating a vacuum cleaner, Room Attendants typically lift and pull items weighing as much as 25 pounds and pull/ push up to 200 pounds.
- Room Attendants will have the opportunity to used problem-solving abilities in a limited capacity.
- Education/Experience: Basic reading, writing and math skills, is preferred.
- No experience necessary.