Relief Youth Care Counselor
Job Title: Relief Youth Care Counselor
Employer: Boys and Girls Aid
Contact Information: Sergio Fukuda at 503-222-9661 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 9320 SW Barbur Blvd. Suite #200, Portland OR, 97219
Education or Degree Required: BA or BS degree or two years of experience in a social service, mental health, or care giving setting which may have resulted from work, internships or volunteering, OR related experience where skills necessary to perform the job is demonstrated OR any combination of education and experience equivalent to two years. Knowledge/experience with child welfare, juvenile justice, or crisis intervention is helpful.
Job Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Part-time
Join a dynamic, high quality, fast paced nonprofit organization committed to building connections for a lifetime to improve the well-being of children for over 130 years. Regardless of age of background, we believe children belong in families that are permanent and stable. While every child deserves a family, not every child has a family. Between the ages of 0 to 23, we have a focus on making sure every child has a lifelong adult connected to their future. We are the only organization in Oregon committed to this lifelong connection. Every job is important to us in our belief and focus in this power of permanent, stable families.
The Relief Youth Care Counselor plays a vital role in this commitment by:
- Supervising and interacting with residents to maintain their safety, security and wellbeing
- Assisting youth in meeting individual needs and develop life skills.
- Must be able to provide appropriate services and interact appropriately with people from diverse socio-economic, racial, ethnic, and other cultural groups, considering their needs and impact of the interaction.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license from state of residence (Oregon or Washington), personal automobile liability insurance, reliable personal transportation, and pass a DMV driving record check.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment reference checks, criminal background check, including, if applicable, fingerprinting.
- On-Call position covering shifts in four different shelters located in SE Portland, and Hillsboro.
- Please apply online at www.boysandgirlsaid.org/about-us/careers/