Job Title: Pastor
Employer: Mid Valley Baptist Church MVBC
Contact Information: Bill Smith Elder at 509-421-0614 at email@example.com
Address: 8345 Stine Hill Rd, Dryden, WA 98821
Web Site: midvalleybaptist.org
Education or Degree Required: Seminary or Bible college training is preferred
Job Location: Dryden, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed: Other
Specified Other Application Material: Please see our application process at midvalleybaptist.org
- Mid Valley Baptist Church in Dryden, Washington is seeking a full-time pastor.
- Our church was founded in 1970 by Pastor Charles Smith and has a congregation whose weekly attendance averages between 80 and 90.
- We are located in an agricultural community that includes several small towns; Cashmere, Dryden, Peshastin and Leavenworth.
- We also have members that come from the larger city areas of Wenatchee and East Wenatchee.
- Our original building is approximately 10,000 square feet.
- We also have a portable building that houses four additional Sunday School classrooms.
- Our facilities are paid for and the church has no financial debt.
- We are an independent local community church with no affiliation to a denomination or conference.
- We are a conservative, Bible centered congregation that is known for our love for God and for each other.
- Our Church body is Elder board and Deacon led.
- We regularly support several different missions/ministries both local and abroad.
- Our ideal candidate would be a spiritually mature leader with Pastoral experience.
- He would have a passion for preaching and teaching the word of God, a desire to shepherd the flock and to reach our community and the world with the Gospel message.
- Seminary or Bible college training is preferred and must affirm the principles contained in our Statement of Faith.
- If you would like more information about our church, you can find us on the web at midvalleybaptist.org or you can find us on Facebook at Mid-Valley Baptist Church.
- Interest in this position may be expressed by submitting your resume and letter of introduction along with a response to the applicant questionnaire.
- See the Pastor application tab at midvalleybaptist.org where you will find this letter, the questionnaire and our Statement of Faith.
- Provide spiritual and administrative leadership of the church; use skills in pastoral care to meet the needs of persons in the church and community; to preach the gospel and have charge of the spiritual welfare of the congregation.
- Provide spiritual leadership
- Provide pastoral care
- Preach the gospel, oversee worship services, ordinances, funerals, and weddings
- Lead members to love God, one another and their neighbor
- Partner with elders and deacons to direct the affairs of the church
- Encourage stewardship in tithes, offerings and missions
- Provide counsel in times of need
- Train, organize and lead members for visitation of and witnessing to unchurched persons
- Lead church in planning regular outreach emphasis
- Provide administrative leadership in church operations
- Lead church to develop and sustain basic church programs
- Direct church employees