Job Title: Outreach Coordinator
Employer: Youth Empowerment Shelter (an InFaith ministry)
Contact Information: Annette Dzedzy at 484-380-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: infaith.org
Job Location: The Dalles, OR
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Application found at infaith.org/iq
We are searching for an Outreach Coordinator for the Youth Empowerment Shelter (YES) of The Dalles, Oregon. YES provides a safe environment where homeless and runaway youth can stabilize their lives and begin growing into their full potential.
The Outreach Coordinator will build relationships within the homeless population to educate at-risk youth about the resources available for them at YES. The coordinator will also work with local law enforcement and school counselors to extend services to eligible individuals.
Additionally, the coordinator will travel within The Dalles and nearby counties to represent the YES vision to churches, youth groups, city councils, and other groups. The coordinator will leverage their extensive knowledge of the community to help the executive director develop new shelter services and partnerships.
Please note that this position does require raising support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Educate homeless youth about shelter resources
- Spread awareness within the community about the homeless and runaway youth crisis
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all agencies and groups serving area youth
- Organize fundraisers and public speaking engagements
- Assist executive director in strategizing new services for at-risk youth
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- A compassionate heart for youth impacted by crises such as homelessness, broken families, substance abuse, and human trafficking
- Ability to develop rapport with at-risk youth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to raise support
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus