ORTESOL Membership Manager Internship
Job Title: ORTESOL Membership Manager Internship
Employer: ORTESOL (Oregon Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Contact Information: Delpha Thomas at 503-360-5269 or email@example.com
Address: PO Box 15158, Portland, OR 97293
Web Site: ortesol.org
Job Location: Portland, OR
Salary/Wages: Quarterly stipend of $375
Job Type: Internship
Application Materials Needed:
- Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this role, you will learn the basic business functions of an educational association and help to improve membership relations, communication, and retention. Association management is a growing career pathway in the nonprofit sector and ORTESOL can help you learn the ropes and start building a professional network right away.
The Membership Manager intern will complete 120 hours of service and learn to use Wild Apricot, a membership management platform. For 2019, this position will be awarded a quarterly stipend of $375 and receive a complimentary membership to the Willamette Valley Development Officers and ORTESOL.
Possibility to stay on in 2020 with a stipend increase. Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position along with your resume to email@example.com. Applications due by November 26th, 2019.
Main duties are to:
- Research and implement membership retention strategies and improve on existing membership communication including welcoming letters, membership renewal notices, and exit surveys for non-renewing members.
- Make regular modifications to the website to post blogs, post journal articles, add presentation materials from past conferences, update the homepage with important news, and set up automated online registration for new events.
- Work to develop a plan for non-dues revenue sources including basic fundraising practices like applying for sponsorships, direct mail, online fundraising, and donor cultivation.
- Research and report on technological advances that can help ORTESOL reach more educators across Oregon.
- Job shadow two Membership Managers/Directors at other local nonprofit associations.
- The Membership Manager intern will work directly with the ORTESOL President and report regularly to the board of directors and must attend four board meetings at various community college/university campuses a year.
- Here is a link to additional details and quarterly goals: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m6FCCXY0C4PdZ-d0pGnFTC6DJlARj75vdCYi...