Middle School Teacher
Position Title: Middle School Teacher
Job Type: Full-time, 194 contract days
Organization Name: Grace Cascade Christian Schools
School: Cascade Christian Middle School
Location: Medford, OR 97504, U.S.
Website: http://www.gracechristian.org Min
- Bachelor of Arts
- Education State Teaching Licensure
- Middle School teaching experience preferred in areas of Math, Science or Language Arts
- Ability to qualify for ACSI Standard Certification
Contact Information: Dana Carlson at 541-608-1315 or email@example.com
Apply Online: www.gracechristian.org
The responsibility of the Middle School Teacher is to bring a depth of knowledge related to any of these disciplines Math, Science or Language Arts. The teacher is to demonstrate teaching which positively effects student learning, motivate students to grow in faith with an integrated biblical worldview, and be able to live out a life as a reflection of Jesus Christ.
- Has received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior.
- Believes that the Bible is God’s Word and standard in faith and daily living.
- Is a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others. This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for sexual conduct.
- Is a member in good standing at a local, evangelical church which has a Statement of Faith in agreement with the school’s Statement of Faith.
- Shows by example the importance of studying God’s word, memorization, prayer, witnessing, and unity in the Body of Christ.
- Has the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to “train up a child in the way he should go.”
- Supports the schools mission, vision and core values
Knowledge and Experience
- Skill in designing and conducting an instructional experience.
- Commitment to professional growth and education as a professional.
- Competent level of knowledge and skill in designing and conducting an instructional experience.
- Skill in organizing and implementing classroom management and corrective student management.
- Shows a commitment to each student with unique backgrounds and characteristics; is enthusiastic and enjoys working with students.
- Works effectively with others and communicates well with students, faculty and parents.
- Welcomes counsel and constructive critique.
- Reflects the purpose of the school which is to honor Christ in every activity.
- Models in speech, actions, and attitude, a consistent daily walk with Jesus.
- Incorporates prayer time into classroom as appropriate.
- Encourages students to accept God’s gift of salvation and supports their growth in Christian faith.
- Follows the pattern of problem-solving described in Matthew 18:15-35 in resolving conflicts involving students, parents, administration and staff.
- Recognizes the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and assist them in that task.
- Demonstrates competency in instructional and classroom management skills.
- Establishes and maintains effective, Christ-centered relationships based on mutual respect and trust; working collaboratively with students, staff, and parents.
- Has a proven track record of improving student achievement.
- Listens well to others.
- Has knowledge of current relevant technology trends as they relate to student learning and educational programs.
- Has coursework and experience related to working with exceptional students.
- Has demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to each student.
- Plans and develops instructional experiences using research based strategies that target increased student learning.
- Plans and conducts instructional experiences from a biblical worldview.
- Provides appropriate differentiated practice experiences to meet learning objectives for all students.
- Assess’ student’s achievement of objectives and using data in the design of future instructional experiences.
- Provides a classroom climate and standards of student behavior that reflect a biblical worldview and contribute to learning and spiritual growth.
- Designs lesson plans consistent with individual student learning needs and course curriculum maps.
- Assists students toward self-discipline and acceptable standards of behavior, developing leaders for righteousness.
- Manifests, by words and example, a Christian role model to students both in and out of school, maintaining a caring professional relationship.
- Arrives on time and fully prepared to professionally contribute in devotions, faculty meetings, parent/student conferences, professional development training and other professional activities.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, honesty, and effective communications with administration and faculty. Consistently and positively contributing to workplace success.
- Independently performing all assigned duties including-required paperwork, procedural responsibilities, RenWeb grading, lesson plans and listing of homework in a positive and productive manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to the school’s ministry, philosophy, and code of ethics as a Christian role model. Following the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with students, parents, administration and faculty.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Performs any other duties which may be assigned by the administration.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
- Sit and Stand for extended periods of time
- Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, enter data into a computer
- See and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aides
- Hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels outdoors and on the telephone
- Speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms, outdoors and on the telephone
- Physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb stairs and reach overhead
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Teacher will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate school administrator. This is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. Grace Cascade Christian Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.