Mental Health Professional Counselor
Job Title: Mental Health Professional Counselor
Employer: Union Gospel Mission of Salem
Contact Information: Myron Jones at 503-967-6388 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 345 Commercial St NE, Salem OR, 97301
Web Site: https://ugmsalem.org/jobs/
Education or Degree Required: A licensable master's degree in mental health counseling, social services or like degree
Job Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
- Cover Letter
- Work with individual to improve mental health counseling in a holistic manner addressing psychological, social, spiritual and biological issues.
- Collaborate with clients to develop a treatment plan to address homelessness, substance abuse, PTSD, and attachment along with any other mental health diagnosis contributing to client’s issues.
- Build and maintain relationships with staff, volunteers and program participants for the purpose of evangelism and discipleship while demonstrating excellent Customer Service C.A.R.E. standards.
- Committed – performs job with integrity – respects and honors others
- Attentive – models honesty and courtesy to all. Good listener.
- Responsive – Takes responsibility for quality results. Serves effectively.
- Excellent – Seeks to improve performance while providing excellent service.
- Administrative duties include correspondence, maintaining records pertaining to client.
- Individual counseling helping men overcome mental health issues and life controlling behaviors.
- Conduct an intake interview with each client to determine mental health issues to address and collaborate with client to develop a treatment plan.
- Work with clients from intake through termination of counseling.
- Work with other staff as required to meet the needs of clients.
- Record and report any incidents or rule violations to the appropriate party.
- Communicate effectively all relevant information to other members of the guest services team.
- Submit a brief monthly activity report to the men's mission director highlighting ministry activities and spiritual advances in the lives of clients.
- Attend required meetings and conferences.
- Handle any other relevant duties as requested by the Men's Mission Director.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned from time to time by the Men’s Mission Director.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage crisis situations.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills including understanding of program development and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct Biblically based recovery counseling.
- Able to demonstrate grace and compassion even in the midst of conflict.
- Computer literate including the use of basic Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid OR State Driver’s License.
- Must agree with Union Gospel Mission of Salem’s Statement of Faith and of Conduct.
Minimum of 3 years of counseling (preferably addiction related) or other signifcant work in ministry or social service field.