Job Title: Medical Scribe
Contact Information: Jake Federico at 210-545-2500 or email@example.com
Address: 16414 San Pedro Ave #525, San Antonio, TX 78232
Web Site: https://proscribemd.com/
Job Location: Salem, OR
Salary/Wages: $12/hr PT and $13/hr FT
Job Type: Part-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
You are the physician’s right-hand woman or man. In short, you are responsible for recording and translating the interaction between your physicians and their patients into the electronic medical record (EMR) in an accurate and timely manner. You can also expect to perform other related duties as needed to improve provider efficiency and patient satisfaction.
- Preparing and assembling medical record documentation/charts for physician(s)
- Entering the patient room with the physician during patient visit to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing electronic medical record applications
- Ensuring medical record compliance by self-documentation attestation to include: Scribe name, title and doctor working for as well as specific date and time entry
- Updating patient history, physical exam and other pertinent health information in the patient record
- Preparing and sending all documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures
- Monitoring the duration of basic lab results and screening procedures
- Compliance with hospital and ProScribe policies, including those relating to HIPAA and Joint Commission
- Regular and reliable attendance at assigned facility required
- Perform other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned
- Education/Experience: High school diploma required. College sophomore status or higher preferred. Pre-health career track preferred. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy strongly preferred.
- Technical/Computer Skills: Skilled in operating various medical record software and hardware, word-processing, and database software programs; minimum of 60 WPM preferred.