Job Title: Medical Scribe
Contact Information: Jay Schofield at 954-947-0605 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 1200 East Las Olas Blvd, Suite 201, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Web Site: www.scribeamerica.com/apply
Job Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Part-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
- Start Your Career in Healthcare!
- No Previous Experience Required!
- Part-time and full-time positions available!
- The central role of the Medical Scribe is to relieve the physician of clerical or secretarial duties; thus allowing the physician to focus more directly on clinical care.
- The scribe observes the physician during patient encounters and performs documentation on the physicians behalf.
- Under the direction of the physician, they enter information into the patients electronic or written chart.
- At the physicians request, the scribe must be able to locate past medical records, prior lab/radiology results, or past visit histories for the physician to review.
- Additionally, within the EMR itself the scribe needs the ability to enter data into the chart on the physicians behalf.
- All scribe-entered data is reviewed and authenticated by the physician.
- The role of a ScribeAmerica Scribe offers exciting first-hand experience in healthcare and full one-on-one shifts working with board-certified physicians.
- The job is second-to-none for exposure to medicine, disease processes, medical decision-making and procedures performed in hospitals and outpatient facilities.
- Offers one-on-one time with physicians
- Exposure to an emergency or outpatient environment
- Paid training providing a crash course in medicine including terminology, disease processes, emergency procedures, medications, medical decision making and more
- Excellent resume builder for medical school or start to your career in healthcare
- Great alternative career for those interested in CNA, MA, EMT, or Paramedic careers
- APPLY TODAY AT: www.scribeamerica.com/apply
- Part-Time typically 2-3 shifts per week
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- A college degree or current enrollment in a health-related program is preferred
- Computer and typing skills are required - minimum of 45 WPM
- Familiarity with medical knowledge preferred
- A responsible and mature individual with a passion for medicine