Job Title: Marketing Intern
Employer: Kerr Concentrates
Contact Information: Sarah Pankau at 503-361-7391 or sarah.pankau@Ingredion.com
Address: 2340 Hyacinth ST NE, Salem OR, 97301
Web Site: www.kerrconcentrates.com
Job Location: Salem, OR
Salary/Wages: $14.00 p/h
Job Type: Internship
Application Materials Needed:
- Apply at kerrconcentrates.com/career
The Marketing Intern will support marketing activities for Kerr Concentrates with focus on communication and customer experience. This position will work directly with our Marketing Manager to plan and execute activities for trade shows and its related collateral materials on website, e-mail campaigns and social media. The internship also includes participation on the main IFT national trade show in June 2019, with the opportunity to interact with customers and actively promote our portfolio by staffing Kerr’s booth. As part of customer experience activities, the intern will be responsible for updating the website in specific projects to improve content and support the implementation of Customer Relation Management (CRM) software.
The Marketing role with Kerr is the primary responsible in planning and implementing strategic activities to support sales growth. The intern will work directly with Kerr Technical Services team and Sales Team, by actively leading specific marketing activities. Join a collaborative group of solution driven employees working to deliver profitable growth through sales, quality, and customer service.
- Assist in trade show preparation including attending the IFT trade show in June 2019.
- Assist in producing digital content for website, direct mail pieces, and in-house communication material (including social media channels).
- Lead publication of product technical documents on website.
- Perform analysis on campaigns and maintain the customer contact database.
- Support CRM implementation process in marketing related matters and perform analysis on sales opportunities.
- Provide ad-hoc support on marketing related activities.
The Marketing Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Push to continually drive personal and organizational results, take educated risks on business opportunities and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition.
- Create a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach transparently, and build strong teams globally.
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose new solutions that increase value and improve business performance; as well as explore multiple possibilities for tackling challenges, think “out of the box” to determine the best solution.
- Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to create value.
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business or Economics.
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Kerr Concentrates does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Interest in developing tactical marketing activities in the B2B environment.
- Familiarity with social medias and digital tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing promotional content.
- Ability to think and work independently while collaborating with others in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign a plus.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Kerr Concentrates is the company for you.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.