Leadership Development Internship
Job Title: Leadership Development Internship
Employer: Youth Empowerment Shelter (an InFaith Ministry)
Contact Information: Annette Dzedzy at 484-380-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: infaith.org
Job Location: The Dalles, OR
Job Type: Internship
Application Materials Needed:
- Application found at infaith.org/intern
Do you have a heart for at-risk youth? Would you like to help share God’s love with young people impacted by homelessness, broken homes, substance abuse, and human trafficking?
We are searching for an intern for The Youth Empowerment Shelter (YES) of The Dalles, Oregon. YES provides a safe atmosphere where homeless and runaway youth can stabilize their lives and begin growing into their full potential.
The intern will assist the current executive director in overseeing the overall strategy and operations of the shelter including the recruitment and management of staff members and volunteers. The intern will also help create and strengthen partnerships with local schools, agencies, and churches to implement outreach services for youth in crisis throughout the area.
The intern will start serving under the current director with the possibility of assuming full leadership of the youth shelter.
Please note: This position requires raising financial support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help create an expanded vision for the shelter
- Oversee day-to-day shelter operations
- Recruit, lead, and develop shelter staff
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all agencies and organizations serving area youth
- Provide outstanding service to the youth through continual improvement and training
- Ability to realize and implement an organization’s mission and vision
- Ability to mentor, train, and disciple
- Ability to gain respect and develop rapport with at-risk youth
- Capable of building and leading a solid team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Servant leader
- Ability to raise support
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus