Job Title: Lead Pastor
Employer: Hollyview Family Fellowship
Contact Information: Joe Crover at 503-658-5680 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 14905 SE 257th, Damascus, OR 97089
Education or Degree Required: Bachelors required, Masters preferred
Job Location: Damascus Oregon
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
We are looking for a Pastor who is a visionary leader and can recruit and equip others to serve in the fulfillment of the Great Commission. This candidate must have a thriving personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for prayer. We are looking for an experienced team leader, a self-aware team player with confidence and ability to humbly lead, relate to a variety of people and a heart to equip people for ministry. We are looking for someone with an ability to communicate vision and recruit people to the task, a lover of God’s Word and an ability to preach with clarity of application.
- Be the primary preacher in Sunday services giving due time, thought, prayer, and study to the Word of God in preparation for the messages.
- Schedule service themes throughout the year working with the Music Director to shape the services.
- Leader through Vision
- Ability to discern God's calling for the church.
- Provide leadership to identify church needs and envisioning new ministry.
- Ability to communicate vision and guide the church in the direction of the vision.
- Oversee and participate in the visitation of the church members, visitors to the church services, the sick, the shut-ins, and others in the community as opportunities arise.
- Pray for the church family and ministries, as well as those we are trying to reach.
- Lead the church family in times of prayer and in teaching them the priority and practice of prayer.
- Skilled at pastoral duties such as ordinances, officiating at weddings/funerals, visitation, and counseling.
- Community Connection
- Cultivate community relationships and involvement that reach the Damascus/Boring Community.
- Participation in the North American Baptist Community.
- Management of activities and programs of church.
- Management of Ministry Staff.
- Management of planning, goal setting, and evaluation of ministry
- Accepted Jesus Christ as personal savior
- Called to Pastoral Ministry by the Holy Spirit
- Ordained or be qualified for ordination by NAB
- Meet the qualifications of an Elder as described in Scripture
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, Master's preferred