International Experience Coordinator (Student Worker)
Job Title: International Experience Coordinator (Student Worker)
Employer: Corban University Center for Global Engagement
Contact Information: Sam Pearson at 503-589-8154 or email@example.com
Address: 5000 Deer Park Drive SE, Salem, OR 97317
Web Site: www.corban.edu/cge
Education or Degree Required: Current Corban Student or recent Corban graduate
Job Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Part-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form in .doc format.
The Corban University Center for Global Engagement (CGE) is a place for scholars to work together to discuss and address global issues affecting Christian education, the church, and other Christian organizations working to further the gospel in international contexts. The CGE also serves as a hub for equipping Christians with cultural awareness and leadership skills to make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ. The CGE supports international dual-degree partnerships, study abroad, missions, and international exchange students.
We are hiring a temporary position to assist with the Corban University Winter Exchange Program in 2019. Ten South Korean undergraduate students will visit Corban from January 25 to February 23, 2019. The Student Worker serves the students as a role model and ambassador between the visitors and their host families, the Corban community and US culture. The Student Worker will assist the Associate Director of the CGE to take the students on cultural trips in the Salem area such as hikes, museums, and shopping trips; drive students to events (van is provided); facilitate restaurant meals; and assist the students in various logistical needs related to travel. A full schedule of the Winter Exchange will be provided to interested candidates.
- Supports Winter Exchange international students through relationship building and event coordination. The primary zone of responsibility is in driving students to off-campus cultural trips, restaurants and practicum sites visits (already arranged by the CGE).
- Communicates schedule updates and travel plans to Corban University host students and Salem-area host families by email and phone.
- Provides logistical assistance with meals, cell phones, shopping, and events both on and off campus.
- Leads students on cultural trips planned by the CGE.
- Drives students in a van, fuels the van and reports any issues with driving to the Associate Director.
- Creates social media postings, emails, posters and other media to promote global engagement.
- Maintains physical and digital student records, photocopies and scans documents, and tracks confidential student information and costs in databases.
- Manages program finances as assigned; tracks spending and provides receipts to the Associate Director for budget reconciliation.
- May be called upon to assist with other Center for Global Engagement (CGE) or Corban Language Institute (CLI) administrative support on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described in our Statement of Faith
- Current Corban University full-time undergraduate student or recent graduation.
- Possesses a cumulative G.P.A of 2.5 or higher as shown on Corban transcript
- Age 21 or over
- Have passed, or be able to pass, a driving history check with Campus Safety
- Have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated an above-average interest in global engagement, effort in cross-cultural communication and compassion for diverse others
- Prior study abroad or work with international students is preferredClear demonstration of cultural awareness and an ability to adapt to different cultures including the capability to function effectively in a variety of national, ethnic and organizational settings.