Financial Representative Intern
Job Title: Financial Representative Intern
Employer: Northwestern Mutual
Contact Information: Jared A Virtue: Financial Advisor & Salem's College Unit Director at 916-798-0701 or email@example.com
Address: 465 Commercial St NE, #100, Salem, OR 97301
Web Site: https://www.northwesternmutual.com/
Education or Degree Required: Pursuing a College Degree [Does not need to be business or financial based]
Job Location: Oregon & Vancouver, WA
Salary/Wages: Stipend, bonuses, commission, profit-sharing, & equity
Job Type: Internship
Application Materials Needed:
Specified Other Application Material: We hire year around until our internship program is at full capacity
- Develop Professionally as an Intern: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heP5Bx2TBH4
- "Create a lasting mark on people's lives. As a member of the Northwestern Mutual team, you'll have access to world class training, technology, financial planning tools and supportive mentors who will help you deliver expert advice to your clients.
- And, as you build impactful relationships with clients and help them develop a personalized plan to achieve their financial goals throughout life, you'll be solidifying your own future, too.
- Hard work, determination, and community focused mindset are valued here, rewarded with opportunities for your own personal, professional, and financial growth."
- Every year our team partners, supports, and mentors 5-10 interns in our Salem community.
- In this internship opportunity, folks discover their passions, strengths/weaknesses, goals, and desired career lifestyle.
- Our role is to help create a plan to identify the resources, training, and strategies to help you accomplish your personal journey whether that is in the field of finance or elsewhere.
- Day In The Life - Intern: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNsSN9GwyPg
- Daily training sessions
- Weekly mentorship meetings
- Certification & licensing
- Connect and schedule meetings with prospective clients
- Meetings with prospective clients
- Create financial planning analysis/recommendations
- Implement client's financial plans
- Great work ethic
- Coach-able and enjoys learning
- Flexible schedule
- Time management
- Self motivated
- Goal-oriented and committed
- Desire to grow and make a difference
- Likes to connect with a diverse group of folks
- Fosters strong relationships
- Trustworthy and honest
- Pass a FBI grade background check