Executive Director of Youth Shelter
Job Title: Executive Director of Youth Shelter
Employer: Youth Empowerment Shelter (an InFaith ministry)
Contact Information: Annette Dzedzy at 484-380-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: infaith.org
Education or Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or MSW preferred.
Job Location: The Dalles, OR
Job Type: Ministry
Application Materials Needed:
- Fill out questionnaire found at infaith.org/iq
We are looking for a full-time executive director for a youth shelter in The Dalles, Oregon. The Youth Empowerment Shelter serves among the approximately 300 runaway/homeless youth in crisis and their families by providing practical, emotional, and spiritual guidance. The executive director will oversee the overall strategy and operations of the shelter including overseeing staff. The executive director will also partner with local schools, agencies, and churches to implement ways to best reach the youth in crisis in the area.
This is an opportunity to be a part of the area’s first shelter for youth facing the crisis of homelessness. The candidate will start serving with and under the direction of the current director before assuming full leadership.
This position requires raising full support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop, maintain, and support a board of directors
- Develop, with other key stakeholders, the vision for the shelter
- Recruit, lead, and develop shelter staff
- Maintain good working relationships with all the stakeholders serving youth in this area
- Maintain excellent service to the youth through continual improvement and training
- Demonstrated ability to realize an organization’s mission and vision
- Excellent ability to mentor, train, and disciple
- Experience in management
- Track record of leading and developing a team
- Ability to gain respect and develop rapport with youth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Servant leader
- Ability to raise support
- Bilingual (Spanish), preferred