Emergency Room Medical Scribe
Job Title: Emergency Room Medical Scribe
Employer: Northwest Acute Care Specialists (NACS)
Contact Information: Laurie McGinnity at 360-606-0759 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 342 Fairview Street, Silverton, OR 97381
Web Site: https://emnacs.com/
Education or Degree Required: Prefer those working toward a medical career (MD, DO, PA, NP, Nurse)
Job Location: Silverton, OR & Metro Portland, OR
Salary/Wages: $11.25 starting wage with increases every 6 months
Job Type: Part-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
Specified Other Application Material: college transcripts
- Scribes are taught to work with a physician in the emergency room where you will listen and watch the exam and interaction the physician has with their patient so you can complete the electronic charting process.
- This is a job where you can learn medicine on the job as you work toward your path to becoming a medical professional yourself.
- You will be responsible for completing the chart and helping your physician stay on task with lab results and discharge paperwork.
- You will work on a work station on wheels and will be assigned to work with one or two physicians during a 4-8 hour shift.
- Prefer those working toward a degree in science with a competitive GPA.
- For the Silverton location, we can be a little more flexible on the path you are on.
- MD, DO, PA, NP, RN or other medical avenues.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 65 wpm and have an understanding of excel and computers.
- Social skills are also very important when working in the ED with many different doctors.
- Looking for applicants with integrity who want to work hard and learn medicine on the job.
- Looking for coverage for all shifts but specifically the 10:00 pm to 2:00 am shift as we have many in school right now that can't cover that shift.