Embrace the Exceptional. Work at Camp Ramapo this summer!
Job Title: Embrace the Exceptional. Work at Camp Ramapo this summer!
Employer: Ramapo for Children
Contact Information: Kate Wrightington at 845-876-8423 or email@example.com
Address: 22 Camp Ramapo Road, Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Web Site: www.ramapoforchildren.org
Job Location: Rhinebeck, NY
Salary/Wages: Stipend + Travel
Job Type: Summer
Application Materials Needed: Job Application
- Based on our 250-acre campus in Rhinebeck, New York, Camp Ramapo is Ramapo for Children’s residential summer camp that serves a diverse mix of children with a broad range of cognitive, social and emotional abilities.
- Some of our children bring with them the challenges of Autism Spectrum Disorders or other cognitive disabilities.
- Some bring with them the challenges of trauma or stress.
- ALL of our children are at risk of being relegated to the margins of their schools and communities.
- As a Ramapo staff member, you will develop the skills you need to succeed with a broad range of children, including those who other adults may find difficult.
- You will learn to understand child behavior as communication.
- You will emerge with a heightened ability to meet children’s needs and to teach them new skills.
- You will learn how to create environments that celebrate strengths and enable all children to feel a sense of belonging.
- You will work hard every day you are here, and learn more than you ever thought possible.
- This is not just any summer camp job—it is an unparalleled opportunity to embrace the exceptional.
- As a Camp Ramapo counselor, you’ll benefit from:
- Intensive, evidence-informed training on our Ramapo Approach, which is sought out by educators, school leaders, youth workers and caregivers around the world
- Daily interaction with children who face varying degrees of social, emotional and learning challenges
- A network of people within Ramapo for Children’s community, which includes year-round staff members, trainers, board members and counselor alumni, many of whom have gone on to pursue careers in education, social work and psychology
- Free room and board on our 250-acre campus plus summer stipend and travel reimbursement
- Up to six credits through an on-site college course, “Fieldwork in Special Education”
- Many counselors are emerging professionals in the fields of special education, social work, psychology, and related fields, but no previous experience in this type of work is necessary.
- We do ask you exemplify the following:
- Willingness to learn