Job Title: Elementary Pastor
Employer: Rolling Hills Community Church
Contact Information: Donna Huchette at 503-638-5900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 3550 SW Borland Road, Tualatin, OR 97602
Web Site: www.rollinghills.org
Education or Degree Required: Associate or greater
Job Location: Tualatin, OR
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Elementary Pastor
- Full-time with benefits
- Position Open - Immediately
- Application Deadline- October 31, 2018
Rolling Hills Community Church is seeking an energetic and passionate Elementary Pastor/Director to add to our church staff. This position will be responsible for developing and leading a collaborative children’s ministry team including the Elementary Administrative Assistant, volunteers and parents. This person will come alongside families and minister to children in 1st-5thgrade to build a foundation where these children are excited to think, love and live like Jesus.
We want to talk with you if you have the experience/ability to:
- Motivate and empower a growing team of volunteers
- Influence parents to make disciples in the home context
- Be passionate about children and their development as followers of Jesus
In order to apply, email your resume to Donna Huchette at email@example.com.
Relational Disciple Making (10% of a typical week)
- Regularly make relational contact with kids in the community(i.e. Serving on an elementary school campus)
- Be personally involved in making disciples who in turn help others to become disciples (kids, adult volunteers, parents).
- Provide short-term counseling to elementary-age kids, parents and their families as the need arises.
- Gathering & Event Prep
Volunteer Coordination and Execution (40% of a typical week)
- Ability to rightly understand and effectively teach the Word of God.
- Oversee and collaborate with the administrative team in order to facilitate meaningful and varied weekly Biblical programming with worship, teaching, fun and small groups.
- Recruiting, training and troubleshooting volunteer needs for each Sunday ministry program.
- Strategically coordinate all teaching and small group interactions in order to best incorporate appropriate curriculum, Bible discussion questions and learning activities.
Leading (20% of a week)
- Oversee the development of a ministry environment that builds community and relational connectedness within families in the RH Kids programs.
- Plan and initiate regular outreach activities for kids to bring friends to come and have fun and hear the gospel.
- Oversee and develop a beginner level student leadership team
- Able to assess, make recommendations and navigate change in a large, established ministry
- Strong ability to recruit, shepherd, train, align and build community with adult volunteers and HS student leaders.
- Prioritize equally ministry to parents through training and/or follow up communications from the weekend teaching in order to help facilitate family discipleship.
- Will align ministry goals and battles with the overall direction of RHCC
Participation in the Faith Family of Rolling Hills (20% of a typical week)
- Committed to be an excellent team member within the staff
- Will participate in Staff Prayer, POC and general Pastoral responsibilities (wedding, funerals, hospital visits, weekly adult and youth worship gatherings, etc.)
- Will honor and live by our Team Covenant
- Will be available and invest self into ‘all church’ ministry opportunities
- Will model the priority of community by regular participation in a community group.
Communication, Administrative & Other Tasks (10% of a typical week)
- Excellent regular and consistent written, electronic, social media and verbal communication skills with kids, parents, adult volunteers and broader church staff
- Excellent in communicating with Administrative Assistant to maximize their contribution to the ministry
- Make use of technology, i.e. MAC operating system, Google Office and Apple Mail/Address Book/iCal, Planning Center Online(web-based ministry database program) as a tool to maximize your leadership and communication.
- Adapt to learning new office and multi-media technology as it is deemed helpful.
- Minimum of 2 years of college education, bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 or more years of relevant experience leading a children’s ministry preferred
- Strong understanding of the 1st-5th grade child and their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual development process.
- 2 or more years of experience presenting lessons to a large group of Elementary children
- Supervisory leadership experience is a must
- Must demonstrate a genuine passion, love and concern for children and their families
- Must have excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent self management skills; able to work collaboratively or independently depending on the need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills required; MAC operating system, Google office suite and Planning Center Online(web-based volunteer scheduling program) are a plus.
- Excellent ability to learn new technology for large group presentations