Director of Music or Music & Administration
Job Title: Director of Music or Music & Administration
Employer: Riviera Baptist Church
Contact Information: Nancy Jessing at 541-688-2915 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 3071 River Road, Eugene, OR 97404
Web Site: www.rivierabaptist.com
Job Location: Eugene, OR
Job Type: Ministry
Application Materials Needed: Resume
Purpose: Riviera Baptist Church is looking to hire a 30 hour a week Music and Administration Director or a 15 hour a week Music Director. The Music and Admin Director will provide leadership for the corporate music ministry at Riviera, as well as a broad range of administrative tasks. The Music Director position will only provide leadership for the corporate music ministry.
This is a 15 or 30 hour a week position
Salary range: $12k-24k a year
When a resume and cover letter is submitted, please state which position you’re applying for. Please email your resume to Search Committee Chair, Nancy Jessing at email@example.com.
Description of Duties: Music Leader
- Schedule, plan, and lead rehearsals of the Worship Team.
- Recruit and audition all musicians, as well as sound, lighting, and other technical personnel needed to lead and present excellent worship services.
- Lead the Worship Team at the church’s worship services.
- Ensure that the church’s music ministry personnel display a demeanor or attitude that brings glory to God and doesn’t draw attention to individuals or the “performance” of the worship team.
- Create music ministry budget, including purchasing of music, instruments, equipment, music licenses, sound equipment, lighting, and other worship-related needs.
- Coordinate with other worship service staff and/or volunteers, particularly senior or preaching pastor, to integrate other appropriate elements into each service.
- Communicate regularly with the senior pastor about the theme of each worship service, selecting music and other elements that reinforce the teaching topic, when possible.
- Know the congregation and be able to respond to their needs during worship services.
- Teach and model principles of worship to the Worship Team and to the congregation.
Description of Duties: Administration Duties
- Draft and print bulletins and programs for Sunday services and special events.
- Draft, print, and post online a quarterly newsletter that contains information, photos, and articles about church events.
- Draft, print, and distribute other media, including flyers, postcards, emails, posters, banners and other mailing projects.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and biweekly meeting with Lead Pastor -Maintain the Master Church Calendar.
- Answer telephone and receive visitors.
- Update Church attendance and report for staff meeting
- Order office equipment maintenance as needed.
- Arrange heating and a/c system servicing (with Building and Grounds Committee).
- Arrange janitorial services and carpet cleaning services, and purchase janitorial supplies as requested by janitor.
- Order supplies, make brochures, assemble visitor bags and keep welcome booth stocked under Greeter Team leaders’ supervision.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteer office workers.
- Help organize various outreach events.
- Perform other administrative responsibilities as assigned by the pastors.
- Vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus.
- Theologically aligned with Baptist Faith and Message of the SBC.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading worship on an instrument.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, and develop others.
- Passion for seeing people draw closer to God through the music ministry of the church.
- Sensitivity for meeting the needs of the congregation.