Direct Support Professional
Job Title: Direct Support Professional
Employer: Catholic Community Service
Contact Information: Bill Swigart at 503-856-7011 or email@example.com
Address: 3737 Portland RD NE, Salem, OR 97301
Web Site: ccswv.org
Job Location: Salem, Mt. Angel, Woodburn, OR
Salary/Wages: $11.44 - $12.36 DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
Job Description: This position involves providing direct care to adults with intellectual or development disabilities. We are looking for customer focused, compassionate, capable adults who are willing to change the life of an adult with disabilities. If you are looking for a rewarding career that provides an open door into the medical field with an opportunity to grow; apply today!
Essential Position Functions and Key Work Processes
- Relate to residents in a continuous, consistent, warm, caring, age-appropriate manner.
- Perform personal care activities with all residents as needed including but not limited to: personal hygiene care, brushing teeth, brushing hair, bathing/showering, toileting, changing adult incontinence pads, feeding (oral and gastric tube-if prescribed), dressing and any other activities of daily living for adults.
- Responsible for implementing the training programs and developmental activities that comprise the Individual Support of each medically fragile or behavioral resident and for responding appropriately to immediate or urgent or emergent resident needs, such as injuries and illness and provide or obtain assistance as needed.
- Provide resident medication administration according to agency policy as ordered and assigned by personal care physician.
- Document the progress of each resident using approved data collection methods to maintain accurate records of the expenditure of agency and personal funds.
- Perform household cleaning and maintenance tasks including but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning toilets/sinks, washing windows, washing dishes, washing/folding laundry to assure the residents’ environment meets or exceeds established standards for health and safety.
- Participate in residents care plans by facilitating and/or performing meal preparation in accordance with dietician orders, shopping, purchasing, planning of recreational/entertainment activities and accompany residents during such activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident records and information to adhere to agency policy, county and state regulations.
- Maintain a safe working environment by using safe lifting techniques at all times, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE’s) and fully participating in emergency evacuation drills, reporting all staff related injuries to the supervisor by the end of the shift on which they occur, and report hazardous conditions or other safety and health concerns to the supervisor immediately when observed as required by Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- Assist and/or mentor in the orientation and training of another staff.
- Attend and actively participate in agency and resident related meetings and during in-service training opportunities.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred or any equivalent basic reading, writing, computer and math skills. Work-related knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment.
- Must have a current driver license to drive company vans to transport residents, have been a licensed driver for at least three years and have an acceptable driving record to pass agency insurance requirements. May consider non-drivers willing to work night shift only that have a plan in place to become a driver and have dependable personal transportation or method.
- Be able to lift minimum 50 lbs.