Job Title: Development Director
Employer: Salem Academy Christian Schools
Contact Information: Angela Jones at 503-378-1219 or email@example.com
Address: 942 Lancaster Drive NE, Salem, OR 97301
Web Site: https://salemacademy.org/about/careers/
Education or Degree Required: Bachelors Degree
Job Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed: https://salemacademy.org/forms/view.php?id=43655
The primary role and responsibility regarding development is to create, lead, and manage the direction, planning, and execution of all fundraising-related activities at Salem Academy. This includes the planning and execution of major fundraising, such as capital campaigns, as well as the cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors for operational, capital, endowment, and dedicated dollars. It is also the responsibility of the Development Director to plan, organize, and promote all programs and events in light of biblical principles for stewardship, integrity, respect, and the management of financial principals. This should be done in a manner that supports and promotes the school’s mission/vision and core values.
- Manage and appropriately nurture relationships with ongoing and prospective donors (cultivation and solicitation activities).
- Correspond strategically with donors on a regular basis (at least 3-4 times yearly).
- Develop and implement capital fundraising campaigns.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of strategies and events for the purpose of increasing annual sustainable giving to the SA Fund.
- Implement systems and processes (respecting privacy and integrity), allowing Salem Academy to gather and track information about our constituents and donors, about relationships between our constituents and donors, as well as information about potential donors.
- Manage donor records, receipts, and communications.
- Carry out and oversee on-going giving campaigns, such as 1945 Society, Wish List, Summer Newsletter, Giving Tuesday, Year End, and Sustainers Club.
- Participate in the formulation of a comprehensive strategic plan for raising funds for capital and operational needs.
- Develop strong volunteer teams and oversee these teams for SA’s annual events such as Auction and Legacy Gala.
- Coordinate the submission of grant proposals and applications while managing follow-up reporting and documentation in accordance with school priorities as determined by the superintendent.
- Review and approve fundraising requests following the Salem Academy financial policies and procedures. Inform Superintendent of unusual or exceptional fundraising requests.
- Work with the Salem Academy Foundation for the purpose of securing estate gifts and help create fundraising events for the foundation.
- Represent the school through membership/participation in appropriate community organizations.
- Report to the superintendent and the Board of Trustees on a regular basis regarding the progress being made with goals, objectives, and the department strategic plan.
- Develop and implement appropriate recognition opportunities for donors and volunteers.
- Take time to pray for the school, donors, and volunteers with whom you work.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited postsecondary institution.
- Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy, having a basic proficiency in doing word processing, creating and using a spreadsheet, e-mailing, and accessing the Internet.
- Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, and experience as determined by the superintendent.