Community Outreach Coordinator
Job Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Employer: Oregon Right to Life
Contact Information: Lois Anderson at 503-463-8563 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 4335 River Rd N Keizer, OR 97303
Web Site: https://www.ortl.org/
Education or Degree Required: Bachelor's Degree preferred
Job Location: Keizer, OR
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you a committed pro-lifer?
- Are you excited about speaking to individuals and groups about the pro-life issue?
- Are you fluent in Spanish?
- Are you passionate about building bridges in the community to make change together?
- If your answer to these questions is “Yes!” then you may just find your ideal job at ORTL, Oregon’s leading pro-life organization!
- Oregon Right to Life is looking for a dedicated and detail-oriented pro-lifer to fill the role of ORTLEF Community Outreach Coordinator.
- Applicants must be cause-oriented and willing to grow into an essential part of our team.
- What we can offer is a stable job in a dynamic work environment with committed co-workers and the opportunity to learn a wide-variety of skills in public speaking, grassroots organizing, relationship building and more!
About Oregon Right to Life:
- Oregon Right to Life advocates for the most vulnerable human beings whose right to life is denied or abridged under current law.
- We work to reestablish protection for all innocent human life from conception to natural death.
- ORTL was founded in 1970 and is comprised of three separate but interlocking organizations:
- The parent organization of ORTL handles our lobbying efforts for life, provides support to pro-life organizations and individuals, organizes events and rallies and widely distributes publications such as Life in Oregon.
- The Education Foundation prepares and distributes pro-life information, provides booths at fairs, churches, conferences and other events throughout the state. It also provides a speakers bureau, student contests as well as training through events such as Camp Joshua.
- Oregon Right to Life PAC works to identify and support pro-life candidates for office at all levels of government. Our focus is on electing champions for protecting life from conception to natural death.
- Public speaking on behalf of ORTLEF in English and Spanish
- Coordinate speakers bureau including recruiting speakers and facilitating speaker training
- Coordinate church and community networking
- Coordinate local chapter training & support
- Further develop Latino outreach program
- Initiate additional outreach programs as appropriate
- The ORTLEF Community Outreach Coordinator develops relationships with likeminded individuals, groups and churches to provide displays, speakers and support to pro-life activities throughout Oregon.
- This position has a special emphasis on the Spanish speaking population.
- The Community Outreach Coordinator works directly with volunteer leaders by encouraging and training them to expand their influence.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Commitment to goals of ORTL
- Ability to work with a variety of people
- Demonstrated skill in volunteer management
- Ability to travel frequently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including public speaking
- Proficient in Spanish language both written and spoken
- Bachelor's Degree preferred