Community and Continuing Education Coordinator
Job Title: Community and Continuing Education Coordinator
Employer: Tillamook Bay Community College
Contact Information: Pat Ryan at 503-842-8222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 4301 Third Street, Tillamook, OR 97141
Education or Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree OR a minimum of 5 years of experience in Business-related or Administrative/Office Management or related field
Job Location: Tillamook, OR. 97141
Salary/Wages: 1 FTE position; $37,912-$41,428 depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
Additional Information: First review of applications will be November 19, 2018; Position open until filled.
- Organizational Relationship
- Reports to the Chief Academic Officer
- General Statement: Under the direction of the Chief Academic Officer, coordinates the Community and Continuing Education schedule of offerings. Responsible for growing FTE through new offerings, contracted training, driver's education, truck driving and more.
- Terms of Employment: Annual: position July 1 – June 30; Leave in accordance with current TBCC Policy 312 and corresponding regulations.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Community Education Department
- Coordination for driver's education, community education, truck driving, non-credit training certificates, and new programs as developed.
- Demonstrate innovation and excitement for new ways that TBCC can be responsive to the community, and new students through Individualized Career Training (ICT), pre-apprenticeship, Occupational Career Training, and working with the state to help develop programs to meet the Eligible Provider Training List (ETPL).
- Growing FTE by accessing new populations and community penetration rates.
- Complete application packets will have first consideration. The submission of all required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Please respond via email with cover letter, resume and application indicating proof of your abilities to achieve the above job description and a minimum of three references to: email@example.com
- To print application go to http://tillamookbaycc.edu/tbcc-employment-opportunities/ and choose the staff application packet. Application cannot be filled out on-line.
- Candidate selected for hire must provide official academic transcripts.
- Applicants must be prepared to interview at their own expense.
- Position Open until filled
- First review of applications: November 19, 2018, 2018
- Develops ideas for new community and continuing education classes and works to grow the program each year
- Will explore new non-credit training certificates (e.g. Phlebotomy, Medical Assisting, Personal Care Assistant and more)
- Develop individualized career options (ICT) for new student populations
- Oversee and manage the Truck Driving and Driver’s Education programs
- Arranges class locations, dates and times
- Recruit and hire Continuing and Community Education instructors
- Oversees training, compliance/accountability, and evaluation of adjunct instructors in the community education department
- Assist with distribution, compilation, and archiving of student course evaluations for programs of responsibility.
- Responsible for overseeing the community education budget, ordering supplies, and ensuring classes are ready to go
- Responsible for Program Review of Community Education department
- Ensures that community education instructors meet the same level of qualifications, preparation, and guidelines as academic adjunct instructors
- Market and promote classes
- Enters data for CED/CEU course and instructor information in Catalog and Schedule
- Respond to student/instructor complaints
- Works closely with the Small Business Development Center and academic departments to meet otherwise unmet needs
- Responsible for oversight, operation and growth of the entire Community Education department
- Represent TBCC as requested with local, state, and other groups as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree OR a minimum of 5 years of experience in Business-related or Administrative/Office Management or related field.
- Two years’ experience working in or managing an office setting, working with the public.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people under constantly changing circumstances, prioritize tasks with minimal direction, compose and prepare complex memos, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to create effective systems that allow for seamless growth.
- NOTE: Some travel may be required including professional meetings.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and experience in database applications.
- Two years’ experience in an educational setting and familiarity with registration procedures, class scheduling, etc. with a basic knowledge of qualifications for instruction.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Requires superb people skills, ability to multitask, and a calm demeanor, with a knack for productive collaboration across functional areas.
- Strong writing skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to carry out confidential tasks or manage situations with tact, sensitivity and discretion.
- High degree of professionalism and service orientation with respect to the quality of work and interaction with others.
- Flexible and able to coordinate multiple complex activities, set priorities and work independently under deadline with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an environment where ambiguity is not uncommon and where development and implementation phases may occur simultaneously.