Job Title: Communications Specialist
Employer: Oregon Association of Conservation Districts
Contact Name: John Keith at 503-706-8450 or email@example.com
Address: 1130 Liberty Street, SE #103, Salem, OR 97302
Web Site: oacd.org
Education or Degree Required: Upper level studies degree in communications, journalism, political science, environmental education, or related program.
Job Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Internship
Application Materials Needed:
- Provide outreach and communication support for a natural resource and conservation non-profit association and manage the Association's website, e-newsletters, develop social media presence, and provide communications project support to the Executive Director.
- Responsible for:
- (1) researching, web searching, compiling and synthesize press releases, news clips, web postings, and newsletters for creation of association created postings, press releases, and social media communications via webpage and traditional communication media;
- (2) maintenance and updating a Wordpress based webpage, including content generation, and
- (3) preparation of presentations, talking points, and meeting designs.
- Implement and maintain the OACD communication plan.
- Actively update communication and media platforms for optimal message delivery to members, constituents, board members, stakeholders and partners.
- Upper level studies degree in communications, journalism, political science, environmental education, or related program.
- Experience with Wordpress and automated communication tools and media required.