Children's Ministry Director
Job Title: Children's Ministry Director
Employer: Kent First Baptist Church
Contact Information: Pastor John Snell at 253-852-5970 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 11420 SE 248th St., Kent, WA 98030
Web Site: http://www.kentfirstbaptist.org/
Education or Degree Required: Bachleor's preferred
Job Location: Kent, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
The Children’s Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy, and tactical elements for all programs, activities, and educational aspects related to the Children’s Ministry at Kent First Baptist Church concerning the ages of nursery through 6th grade.
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for Children’s Ministry in collaboration with the Pastor and Elders.
- Develop and implement an annual ministry plan of activities.
- Provide strategic leadership, training, and planning initiatives for the Children’s Ministry workers and volunteers.
- Responsible for Children’s Ministry budget and financial oversight.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Oversee the use of Children’s Ministry program materials, room scheduling, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Develop a communication plan to keep staff, volunteers, and parents informed.
- Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
- Manage and maintain all classrooms within the Children’s Ministry, ensuring a welcoming environment for students and parents.
- Create and manage a Children’s Ministry Policy Manual of processes and procedures, also including a strong focus on risk-management.
- Manage communication between ministries that interact with the children’s department.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Teaching experience necessary.
- Experience in developing and designing Children’s Ministry programs or the equivalent.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteers.