Children's Ministry Director
Job Title: Children's Ministry Director
Employer: Bethany Church
Contact Information: Pastor Jeff Jennings at 503-266-9307 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 450 S. Ivy St, Canby, OR 97013
Web Site: www.canbybethany.org
Job Location: Canby, OR
Salary/Wages: $16,000- $20,000/ year
Job Type: Part-time
Application Materials Needed:
Specified Other Application Material: Cover Letter
- We are searching for a Children’s Ministries Director to minister to the children and congregation at Bethany Church and to work alongside our lead pastor to advance the gospel in our community.
- Our church is located just 20 minutes south of Portland in Canby, Oregon.
- We are a growing fellowship of believers who want to see Christ exalted and the gospel proclaimed in our community.
- We believe our children are an important part of our church body and want to see them grow in their love and knowledge of our Lord.
- Our new Children’s Director will be a spiritual and organizational leader who, along with the Lead Pastor, develops an overall direction and philosophy for Children’s Ministry that reflects the vision, doctrine and Gospel-centered ministry philosophy of Bethany Church and the stated mission of Bethany Church: Helping People Follow Jesus.
- This is a part-time position with flexible working hours of 16-20 hours per week.
- Salary dependent on weekly hour commitment and experience.
- Denomination: Evangelical Free Church
- Church Size: 175- 250
- Work to maintain open and honest communication with all staff through attendance at regularly scheduled Tuesday staff meetings and special meetings as necessary.
- Meet weekly with Lead Pastor for ministry development and communication.
- Participate in other all-church events and other ministry events and functions as necessary.
- Organize and oversee our Sunday Morning Children’s Program by working with our Nursery Director to ensure a safe, clean, and nurturing environment for our littlest ones.
- Support our Sunday School teachers and aides through training and encouragement as they teach through our Gospel-Centered Curriculum
- Select, evaluate and maintain Gospel-centered curriculum, in line with
- Bethany Church doctrine and direction for all ages and classes.
- Work with Ministry Staff Team to develop a growing spirit and commitment to “Integrated multi-generational Family Worship” here at Bethany.
- Lead, administrate, develop, and promote an array of Children’s Ministry Special Events (VBS, Parenting Simulcast Conference, etc)
- Additional Administrative and Financial duties as outlined by the Lead Pastor
- A growing relationship and dependence on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A passion for children and their spiritual growth.
- A love for people and the desire to see people grow to their full potential.
- Desire, ability and experience in working with children of all ages and their families.
- Ability to administrate and oversee a multi-dimensional ministry program that requires calendar planning, recruiting and training teams of volunteers, and juggling multiple projects at one time.
- A willingness to learn from and work together with others in a multi-staff team environment.
- A commitment to the doctrine and overall direction of Bethany Church