Job Title: Child Care Teacher
Employer: Willamette Valley Christian School
Contact Information: Debbie Tipton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-393-5236
Job Location: Brooks, OR
Taking care of students ranging from preschool through 5th grade in an after-school program. This includes preparing and giving students a snack, taking them out on the playground for play time, creating small projects for them to do, cleaning up to prepare for the next day, and closing.
Work Week: Daily, 2:30 – 6:00 p.m. with additional hours available
- Completion of 20 credits (semester system) or 30 credits (quarter system) of training at a college or university in early childhood education/child development/elementary education/special education
- Or a one-year state or nationally recognized credential related to preschool care
- Or at least one year of qualifying teaching experience, with at least one year as a teacher, in a certified childcare center or comparable group care program, in the care of pre-school age children
- Or completion of 10 credits (semester system) or 15 credits (quarter system) of training at a college or university in early childhood education/child development AND at least six months of qualifying teaching experience in a certified child care center or comparable group care program, in the care of early childhood education/child development/elementary education/special education
- Or documented of attaining at least step 8 in the Oregon Registry WVCS employees are expected to fully engage in the stated mission of the school, “to provide students with a Christ-centered education that maintains high academic standards in a safe nurturing environment; to partner with parents in the training and education of their children; to provide students with the spiritual and educational foundations that will enable them to be godly, knowledgeable, and courageous adults; to equip students to impact their world for Christ.”
- Must pass a background check and be willing to sign the WVCS Statement of Faith.
- Tuition benefit
- Free daycare
Instructions to Apply: Complete the WVCS Application APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION