Camp Supervisor/Fine Arts and Education Supervisor
Job Title: Camp Supervisor/Fine Arts & Education Supervisor
Employer: Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
Contact Information: Catherine Azevedo at 503-798-4795 or email@example.com
Address: 1865 Bill Frey Dr, Salem OR, 97301
Education or Degree Required: Bachelor's Degree
Job Location: Salem, OR
Salary/Wages: 13.75/hr full time + benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Job Application
The primary function of this position is to supervise camps and oversee Fine Arts & Education programs.
- Responsible for overseeing and planning camps, after school programs and other assigned children’ programs.
- Develop lesson plans for all summer, no-school and specialty break camps, and other assigned FAE or children’s programs.
- Build relationships with local schools and continue to develop after school program curriculum, programming and systems of evaluating.
- As needed develop and review discipline procedures created for campers and staff.
- Coordinate logistics for day camp field trips.
- Handle disputes with participants, parents, staff and campers in a professional manner with guidance of the FAE Coordinator.
- Communicate any camper, parent, or staff issues to the FAE Coordinator immediately. Follow up with appropriate documentation as directed.
- Keep camper and staff issues confidential. Do not share issues with other campers, parents or patrons, news organizations or staff who are not involved.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, scheduling and training Camp and After School Program Staff including volunteers and interns.
- Work with FAE Coordinator to develop annual Camp Department budget. and maintain strict adherence to the budget.
- Ensure that all staff facilitate day camp check in and out procedures according to protocol.
- Coordinate check out systems to keep individual camp staff accountable for camp supplies such as assigned radios, folders and group backpacks.
- Maintain a safe working environment: report any and all facility defects/problems to Facilities Department.
- Enforce all rules that pertain to the camps, children’s programs, and facility.
- Assists and fill-in when FAE Coordinator is temporarily absent.
- Assist with Preschool and Camp scholarships and communicate effectively with scholarship recipients.
- Works closely with FAE Coordinator to help promote camps and programs through program guides and the marketing department.
- Assist in emergencies or treatment of injured participants or staff.
- Follow up with completion of appropriate paperwork as directed.
- Follow all RJKCCC and Salvation Army fleet procedures while driving and inspecting vehicles.
- Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center.
- Perform other assignments/duties as directed.
The person in this position will be acting manager on duty as assigned. This may include early mornings, late evenings, or week-end duties. As with any position with The Salvation Army, it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that may be made on the FAE Supervisor. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this important position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Education, Fine Arts or other related field is required.
- Preferred camp counselor experience
- Preferred class-work in childhood development or related field.
- CPR/First Aid certification at time of hire: (or ability to be certified by the first camp date).
- Must have a positive attitude toward helping and fostering children in their development.