Bookkeeper Position Available
Job Title: Bookkeeper Position Available
Employer: Church Art Works
Contact Information: Dave Adamson at 503-370-9377 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 890 Promontory Place SE, Salem, Oregon 97302-1716
Education/Degree Required: Accounting degree or minimum 2 years bookkeeping or accounting experience
Job Location: Salem, OR
Salary/Wages: Hourly wage based upon experience; qualifications and additional skillls will also be taken into consideration
Job Type: Part-time
Application Materials Needed:
- Cover Letter
- Church Art Works® / Varsity Mascot Company® / Throttle Design Mechanics™ are divisions of Adamson Design Group, Inc.
- Church Art Works® is a Christian graphic design company that specializes in designing t-shirts, apparel programs, promotional products, and media resources for churches and ministry organizations across the country.
- Varsity Mascot Company® is a division that primarily provides branding and apparel services for schools, coaches, athletic programs and directors.
- Throttle Design Mechanics™ is our division that focuses on branding & apparel for the automotive industry.
- Primary responsibilities are to provide bookkeeping and accounting services including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, compiling information for the external accounting firm, and other bookkeeping and office duties as needed.
- Goals are to serve and provide excellent customer service when following up with subcontractors, camps, schools, and major ministry accounts.
- Record day to day financial transactions.
- Verify that transactions are recorded correctly.
- Process accounts receivable/payable and payroll.
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary.
- Monitor fixed assets.
- Issue invoices to customers as needed.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits.
- Reconcile online sales with daily settlement reports.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Provide information to the external accounting firm who creates the company’s financial statements.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Check and compare sub-contractor vendor pricing contracts.
- Track royalty contracts.
- Assist the sales team with customer service as needed.
- Assist the owner with annual renewals.
- Part-time, approximately 25-30 hours per week, some flexibility in work schedule
- Minimum 2 years bookkeeping or accounting experience and/or degree in accounting.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to learn quickly are a must.
- Accurate keyboarding and data entry, including ability to type a business letter.
- Proficiency in English with excellent language, communication, and people skills.
- Grammar, spelling, proof reading, correspondence, and web skills.
- Essential to have people skills and ability to relate to customers within churches, ministry organizations, camps, and schools. (i.e. working with youth pastors, senior pastors, heads of ministry organizations, camp directors, teachers, student leaders, coaches, athletic directors, principals, booster clubs, and parent groups.)
- Prioritization skills: Able to track, process multifaceted details.
- Excellent detail person.
- Able to follow instructions and procedures carefully.
- Able to take direction.
- Hard working.
- Computer Skills
- Experience in working with Quickbooks.
- Experience with Mac and macOS / OS X would be helpful.
- Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro, Pages, and Numbers would also be helpful.