Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Employer: Bethany Church
Contact Information: Robin at Robin@canbybethany.org
Job Location: Canby, OR
Salary/Wages: $13.25 an hour; flexible hours Monday through Thursday
Application Materials Required: Resume and Cover Letter
The Front Desk Administrative Assistant is a vital link between our church ministry staff and the congregation. This person serves as a positive and inviting impression of Bethany Church. The Front Desk Administrative Assistant is an important administrative resource for the staff and congregation as the first level of general information about our church, its ministries, staff, and other useful resources.
- Warmly welcome visitors, guests, and people-in-need who enter the church.
- Acts as the communication liaison with the custodian and facilities team in regards to building maintenance and set up requirements for events.
- Monitors staff presence and availability.
- Quickly evaluates how best to respond to and serve our guests in a Christ-like professional manner, enlisting the help of the other staff as necessary.
- Answers, screens, and forwards incoming calls for the staff
- Provide direct support for the Lead Pastor as needed
- Order and organize meal for twice monthly elder meetings
- Manage the church calendar, ensuring it is accurate and up-to-date
- Create weekly worship folder
- Add new visitors and update church data-base system as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or greater
- Exceptional conversational understanding and use of English language; good grammatical skills
- Willingness to serve Christ and His church
- Competences and Skill Requirements:
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to communicate ideas well
- Able to organize and manage both information and time effectively
- Sufficient literacy skills to perform the Essential Functions of the job
- A warm and patient attitude
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organizational skills with the ability to comfortably multi-task
- Ability, focus, and discipline to work with minimal direct supervision
- Computer Proficiency
*To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Robin at Robin@canbybethany.org with the subject line "Administrative Assistant Position".