#17-51 Relief Skills Trainer
Job Title: #17-51 Relief Skills Trainer
Employer: Boys & Girls Aid
Contact Information: Julia Mayo at 503-222-9661 or email@example.com
Address: 018 SW Boundary Ct, Portland, OR 97239
Web Site: https://www.boysandgirlsaid.org/careers
Job Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Part-time
- Join a dynamic, high quality, fast paced nonprofit organization committed to building connections for a lifetime to improve the well-being of children for over 130 years.
- Regardless of age of background, we believe children belong in families that are permanent and stable.
- While every child deserves a family, not every child has a family.
- Between the ages of 0 to 23, we have a focus on making sure every child has a lifelong adult connected to their future.
- We are the only organization in Oregon committed to this lifelong connection.
- Every job is important to us in our belief and focus in this power of permanent, stable families.
- The Relief Skills Trainer plays a vital role in this commitment.
- Supervise and interact with youth to maintain their safety, security and wellbeing; assist youth in meeting individual needs and develop life skills.
- BA/BS degree or 2 years of experience in a social service, mental health, or care giving setting which may have resulted from work, internships or volunteering, OR related experience where skills necessary to perform the job is demonstrated OR any combination of education and experience equivalent to two years.
- Knowledge/experience with child welfare, juvenile justice, or crisis intervention is helpful.
- Must be able to provide appropriate services and interact appropriately with people from diverse socio-economic, racial, ethnic, and other cultural groups.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license from state of residence (Oregon or Washington), personal automobile liability insurance, reliable personal transportation, and pass a DMV driving record check.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment reference checks, criminal backgrounk check, including, if applicable, fingerprinting.
- Please apply online at www.boysandgirlsaid.org We are an equal opportunity employer, including veteran and/or disability status